Director of Talent Acquisition
Numerator | Talent | Chicago, IL
When we say “Strength in Numbers,” we aren’t just talking about our omnichannel market intelligence, we’re talking about our global team that works with clients to surface new opportunities, illuminate next steps, and make it easy to act. Our quest to be an indispensable partner to our retailer, brand, and agency clients is supported by a team of passionate people, who are celebrated for their innovative ideas and contributions to our ongoing global success.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are currently seeking an experienced recruiting and/or human resources leader to join our team as Director of Talent Acquisition under the general supervision of the Vice President of Talent & Human Resources in our Chicago headquarters. In this role, you will lead the strategy, development, deployment and measurement of proven recruiting strategies to support the high growth objectives of the organization.
Your day to day responsibilities will include (but are not limited to): leading assigned functional recruiters and coordinators in; partnering with hiring stakeholders to ensure alignment on candidate profiles and hiring practices; building and maintaining a candidate pipeline through sourcing and outreach strategies. Also, determining and monitoring metrics to ensure efficient and effective performance; partnering with department heads, executive leaders and Vista peers to ensure alignment with business objectives; analyzing compensation trends and making salary recommendations for new job openings; coaching and training hiring managers on interviewing and hiring decisions; and analyzing results of recruiting strategies and employee retention to support our continuous improvement model.
- Leadership over the Talent Acquisition function for Numerator including hiring, training and managing a diverse recruitment team supporting business units in the US, Canada, India, Jamaica, Australia and the UK
- Responsible for ongoing strategy and development of the employment brand in partnership with key cross functional partners
- Support company objectives through implementation of proactive, strategic recruitment solution
- Use data and metrics to evaluate and improve on current methodologies resulting in a more effective and efficient function
- Lead the development of talent pipelines and programs (university, military and diversity etc) to ensure the growth of talent pools to support the needs of the business
- Develop talent strategies to identify, attract, and recruit top talent through a variety of avenues, using industry best practices
- Lead and drive operational efficiencies to ensure a strong end to end recruiting process
- Lead the development and integration of new recruitment technologies to support the changing needs of the business
- Proactively research and evaluate new sourcing and research ideas and methods to create innovative sourcing strategies
- Develop influential relationships with the client groups, ensuring that recruitment is integrated into the business unit
- Partner with HR and cross functional leadership to drive talent planning strategies in each function
- Drive operational excellence and compliance and set high recruitment standards
- Manage and maintain diversity strategy and attracts a diverse workforce to the company
- Ensure recruitment team has the proper tools, resources, supplies and skills to successfully execute on recruitment strategies and hiring goals
- Act as a brand ambassador for Numerator pursuing opportunities to become embedded in local market and effectively sharing company, culture, and value information with prospective employees to position Numerator as an employer of choice
- Participate in specialized projects and pilot programs and perform other duties as assigned
REQUIREMENTS & PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 7+ years previous recruitment, talent acquisition and/or HR experience required; preferably with a technology company
- 3+ years previous team management experience required
- Demonstrates strong strategic thinking with the ability to create multiple year plans
- Proven leader and mentor
- Passionate about innovative ways to find exceptional talent and solve functional challenges
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to speak and write in a clear and articulate manner.
- Strong customer service, problem-solving, analytical, and decision-making skills
- Must possess exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills, as well as the ability to prioritize, manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Proficiency with HRIS/ATS. Google applications (Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Sheets, Slides), and MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Tech-savvy and forward-thinking with a fluency in social media (LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Twitter, Facebook, etc.).
- Flexibility for occasional travel as needed.