Paralegal/ Legal Assistant/ Document Management Specialist
PowerSchool | G&A | Folsom, CA
PowerSchool’s Paralegal/Legal Assistant/Document Management Specialist will have the opportunity to play a vital role in supporting the processes and orderly operation of PowerSchool’s legal department. This role will participate in the contract workflow and document management processes and activities by supporting PowerSchool’s attorneys and senior contract administrators on various projects, which include contract data abstraction, database maintenance, contract and document administration, and process maintenance and control. Additionally, the Paralegal/Legal Assistant/Document Management Specialist will communicate as needed directly with internal and external clients, vendors, and various PowerSchool departments to facilitate all aspects of the contracting, document control and process administration affecting PowerSchool’s legal department, while gaining valuable exposure to all aspects of the legal department.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist with activities of PowerSchool’s contracting, policies maintenance and document routing and management functions ensuring corporate objectives are served;
- Support PowerSchool attorneys and senior contract administrators in the management and coordination of complex legal, compliance, regulatory commercial transactions as well as administrative activities
- Assist the contracting function by finalizing and submitting contracts for execution; tracking contract status, and properly filing the executed agreement.;
- Maintain company contract and document routing and archival systems and processes, including assisting with document version control, contract and document retrieval, contract, policy and document systems access and integrity, assisting with document collection and organization related to mergers and acquisition due diligence, and, as needed, working with PowerSchool’s systems and IT administrators with respect to document and contract systems of record.
- Work with legal, services, sales, and finance departments to prioritize and facilitate timely resolution of client contracting utilizing customer relationship management (CRM) systems, including Salesforce, DocuSign and other document management, routing and repository systems.
- Provide administrative support for the legal department which includes maintaining corporate and governance records of the company;
- Organize and maintain the contracts database, contract templates, executed contracts and other legal correspondence and documentation;
- Assist the contract data migration projects for current company entities and as part of any acquisitions or corporate restructures.;
- Assist with oversight and implementation of corporate policies as well as implementation of a digital contract lifecyle management (CLM) system;
- Provide paralegal support during audits and examinations.
- Experience and proficiency with DocuSign as well as leading CRM and CLM databases and systems, such as Salesforce, preferred.
- Proficiency with Office applications, Acrobat and other PDF editing software.
- Minimum of 2-5 years in a legal assistant, paralegal or contract and/or document administration role.
- Excellent administration, interpersonal and verbal and written skills required
- Experience with implementation of contract lifecycle management tools.
- Must be customer service oriented and a flexible team player with high energy
- Must be highly organized, be able to multi-task, and prioritize numerous assignments simultaneously
- Ability to analyze and solve problems with minimal direction
- Ability to interact effectively with all corporate levels and departments within the company and with clientele
- Advanced computer literacy
- College degree in business, finance or legal field, preferred