Payroll and HR Technical Support Engineer
PowerSchool | Support | Burlington, Ontario
The Technical Support Engineer position, under the general direction of both the supervisor and manager, provides technical support for our award-winning K-12 software systems. This position provides world class solutions-oriented technical support with a strong focus on customer service that is designed to maximum customer satisfaction. This position requires the employee to become proficient with all aspects of the application software functionality in order to accurately analyze, troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve software or system related issues. This position will interact with customers via telephone and written internet based communication.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following.
- Provides application support relating to software functionality, incident resolution and systems configuration, through various mediums, including case escalations, phone, email and chat specifically for the AtrieveERP Payroll and HR tools.
- Recognizes both basic and advanced problems, conducts research, provides resolutions and follows up with customers as needed, escalating more complex cases to the appropriate team
- Logs and tracks calls using problem management database and maintains history records and related problem documentation
- Meet and exceed established benchmarks and expectations
- Prepares standard statistical reports, such as help desk incident reports
- Consults with programmers to explain software errors or to recommend changes to programs
- Stay current on all key support topics, including product knowledge and required technical and soft skills
- May test software and hardware to evaluate ease of use and whether product will aid user in performing work
- Provide expert, top quality customer support, including professional, courteous and timely communication during all levels of interaction.
- 1-3 years prior experience in a payroll position
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Salesforce experience required (and Bomgar preferred)
- Prior CRM Experience Required
- Strong attention to detail and time management
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong customer service and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to handle a heavy workload and multiple projects with frequent interruptions and schedule changes
- Maintaining a positive attitude and fostering a collaborative and unified work environment
- Associate’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred