Sales Development Representative
Regulatory DataCorp | Sales/Marketing | King of Prussia, PA
As a member in a high energy team, the Sales Development Representative (SDR) will to seek new business opportunities by contacting and developing relationships with potential customers. SDR’s are the first point of contact for the sales team - an important first impression. You will be tasked both with speaking to accounts we have reason to believe are interested in our services and reaching out to prospects that do not know of us to pique their interest in our software solutions. Ultimately, you will boost sales and contribute to our long-term business growth. generate new business opportunities by following proven processes to prospect into enterprise accounts.
The SDR will conduct research on target accounts and develop email and telephone campaigns to generate new business opportunities.
Essentials Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive bookings and recurring revenue growth by generating, qualifying, and developing sales pipeline
- Learn about RDC and its suite of products/services inside and out with the goal of promoting RDC and our software solutions to potential buyers
- Maintain knowledge of new software product enhancements / features, and product messaging
- Collaborate frequently with Enterprise Account Executives and Account Managers to build strategic account plans within assigned territories
- Research prospect accounts to identify key contacts
- Develop targeted multi-channel campaigns to generate new business opportunities
- Engage in high-level conversations designed to discover sales opportunities
- Meet established monthly bookings targets on qualified opportunities
- Ensure CRM tools and RDC value-selling methodologies are leveraged to process and track opportunities
- Manage and maintain accurate Salesforce.com notes and data to illustrate work activities and sales pipeline data
equal employment opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Regulatory DataCorp, Inc. and Regulatory DataCorp Limited (herein referred to as RDC) to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, RDC will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Job Description Disclaimer
This job description is not intended as and does not create employment contracts. RDC maintains its status as an at-will employer. All descriptions have been reviewed in an attempt to illustrate the jobs functions and basic duties that illustrate the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. The list of duties, responsibilities, and requirements should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. RDC retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
- A commanding desire to learn and succeed
- Curiosity and passion for learning[DR1] how large financial institutions operate
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactically to achieve business objectives
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Intermediate level Internet research skills
- Comfortable learning new technologies Disciplined approach to daily activity planning, goal setting and achieving success
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration or relevant field
- Proven work experience as a Business Development Representative, or Account Manager role
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calls)
- Knowledge of sales technology and CRM tools/software (e.g. Salesforce.com)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA)
- Social Perceptiveness – being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do; ability to relate and demonstrate emotional intelligence.
- Active Listening – giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Time Management – ability to manage one's own time.
- Critical Thinking – using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Strategic prospecting skills a plus
- Initiative – a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Dependability – being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Persistence – the job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
- Achievement/Effort – establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
- Independence – developing one's own ways of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done.
- Attention to Detail – being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Social Orientation - preferring to work with others rather than alone and being personally connected with others on the job