Ruby On Rails Consultant
Advanced | Development | Baroda, Gujarat
We’re one of the UK’s largest and fastest growing software companies. True partnership is the defining thing that enables us to stand out from the competition. We pride ourselves on delivering focused software solutions for the public sector, enterprise commercial and health & care organizations that simplify complex business challenges and deliver immediate and high-quality value.
POST TITLE : RoR Consultant
LOCATION : Baroda - India
REPORTING TO : Respective Line Manager
EXPERIENCE LEVEL : 10-12 Years
PROJECT : BCE
As a consultant, this role would require expert advice on assessing the current technical stack of Ruby on Rails application in Accounting/Finance domain
As a consult, you will have to assess the entire architecture of ROR applicable and provide detailed assessment in terms of improving performance of ROR application. You will be part of team for a short term (4-6 weeks tentatively) which to assess the complete setup/application. You will have to verify code and identify bottlenecks and provide suggestions for improving the performance and maintainability with a strong focus on customer satisfaction and usability.
You will have the opportunity to work with an energetic team, using agile development methodologies and technologies such as ROR 5, prototype.js, Saas, jQuery and MySQL.
As the senior member of the team you will be responsible for providing expert advice on improvement areas and liaison for internal and external stake holders including existing product and technical experts/development teams
Essential Development skills:
- Proficient with ROR based application and architecture setup
- Proficient in troubleshooting the ROR application and provide suggestions.
- Proficient with Web application development experience
- Proficient with MySQL or another scalable database storage
Desirable Development skills:
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect applications to back-end web services
- Experience on ROR or another Web Application Framework
- Familiarity with Cloud/Saas based application development
- Familiarity with JSON and JWT (JSON Web Tokens) authorization
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Familiarity with integrating to online productivity suites/tools such as Office365, Google Docs, Dropbox etc.