Our Firm

Careers

VIEW ALL APPLY NOW

Lead Software Engineer

Experienced

Cvent | Technology | Atlanta, GA

We are looking for a Lead Software Engineer to join our rapidly growing Technology Team. Cvent’s Product Development Team is responsible for the design, development and operation of the company’s suite of cloud-based software products. We are also currently engaged in a major initiative to build our next generation software platform, utilizing the most cutting edge tools and technologies such as ReactJS, Java and Couchbase.

Cvent offers a fun, collegial work environment tailored to sharpening your technical skills and growing as a software professional. While we have evolved from startup to mid-sized company, our Technology Team has preserved an entrepreneurial and merit-driven culture where meaningful initiative and contribution are recognized and rewarded.


What You Will Be Doing

  • Working on Internet scale applications, where performance, reliability and scalability, are critical design goals – not after-thoughts.
  • Working as a full-stack developer that would spent 60% of their writing JavaScript and the other 40% building out our RESTful microservices. 
  • Learning the nuts and bolts of Microservices Architecture and building robust RESTful APIs.
  • Creating beautiful, interactive and easy-to-use web applications using modern client-side frameworks and libraries
  • Gaining experience with different database technologies, ranging from traditional relational to the latest NoSQL products such as Couchbase and Elastic Search.

 

What You Need For This Position

Full-stack developer who is proficient with React.js and Java microservices. Your primary focus will be on developing user interface components and implementing them following well-known React.js workflows (such as Redux).  In addition, you will be building out our Java microservices layer. You will ensure that these components and the overall application are robust and easy to maintain. You will coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is important.

 

  • 6+ years of professional experience developing enterprise Java application
  • Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
  • Full-Stack Engineering background building out RESTful microservices architecture ideally in an enterprise environment
  • Good knowledge in the public AWS domain
  • Strong proficiency in JavaScript, including DOM manipulation and the JavaScript object model
  • Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
  • Experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Redux)
  • Familiarity with newer specifications of EcmaScript
  • Experience with data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js)
  • Knowledge of isomorphic React is a plus
  • Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
  • Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
  • Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
  • Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
  • A knack for benchmarking and optimization
  • Familiarity with code versioning tools such as Git, SVN, and Mercurial
  • Experience with one or more of the following databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, Couchbase, MongoDB, Redis or other NoSQL technologies

EEO[/AA]Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Cvent maintains a drug-free workplace