Technical Support Engineer
Ping Identity | Tier I Support (3101) | Melbourne, Victoria
At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's built on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
This individual will be based out of Melbourne and will be responsible for the first level of support for Ping Identity’s customers using any of our products including PingFederate, Ping Access, PingOne, PingID, and any supported integration kits. Our Tier 1 team consists of highly skilled Engineers and we welcome new industry talent to join our Ping family. New college graduates and those interested in career growth are welcome to apply!
Engineers respond to customer inquiries, triage issues, identify scope and gather information to ensure cases are properly documented in our ITSM tool. Our Technical Support Engineering team is responsible for researching functionality and usability related issues; working with our customer’s IT personnel to understand the nature of the issue and communicate steps to resolve and/or consult and escalate to the next tier when needed.
Other responsibilities of the role include conducting right to service check and answering basic questions on common issues. Our Engineers contribute to both our Knowledge Base as well as our online community. Engineers must maintain their support test environment to quickly replicate customer issues and have a strong desire for continuous learning.
Team members must be able to work a flexible schedule supporting our global customer base.
- Passion for customer service.
- High level of initiative
- Desire to learn new and exciting technology
- World class interpersonal verbal & written communication skills.
- Logical troubleshooting ability and analytical skill.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or an equivalent degree or a min 3 years related experience providing technical support at an Enterprise level.
- Demonstrated track record of success in academic, internship or work history as well as a high level of ownership and accountability.
- Familiar with SaaS applications (Salesforce, Google, etc) Supporting SaaS solutions
- Web-based application consulting and/or support for (MS IIS, Apache) and modern Web browsers, such as MS Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
- Understanding of Single Sign On
- Experience with any of the following:
- Linux-based and/or Windows servers, Active Directory, LDAP-based directories
- Relational Database systems such as Oracle, MS SQL Server, and MySQL J2EE Application services such as Tomcat, JBoss, WebSphere and WebLogic
- Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), X.509 certificates, SSL/TLS
- Identity & Access Management and/or Federation experience with CA SiteMinder/IdentityMinder, IBM Tivoli Access Manager, Oracle Access Manager. SAML
- User Provisioning (SCIM)
- Hands on experience and working knowledge of the following:
- Web server and application server integration and/or troubleshooting eg.,
- J2EE application servers such as Tomcat, JBoss, WebSphere and WebLogic,
- IIS or Apache
- Network troubleshooting eg., TCP/IP, load balancers, firewalls