QA Test Engineer
Tomia | Product Development | Bangalore, Karnataka
TOMIA was formed from the merger of Starhome Mach and Telarix, industry veterans in Roaming and Interconnect. TOMIA offers transformative connectivity solutions to service providers worldwide. Its innovative offering enables customers to manage a unified optimization process of both roaming and interconnect while driving the future of connectivity through new technologies and services such as VoLTE, NFV, and 5G. With over 500 employees worldwide, regional headquarters in the US, Israel, Luxembourg, India, and a presence in over 30 countries, Tomia serves over 400 operators including 30 tier-1 and six of the industry’s largest groups. To learn more visit www.tomiaglobal.com.
Position: QA Test Engineer - Bangalore, IN
To create QA orientation in team and maintain high level of delivery quality. This includes educating the team, preparing the test plan and execution of test cases to meet the functional requirements in test environment. Automate the Regression test cases using tools and maintain the RT suite.Report the outcomes and defects to appropriate stakeholders.
- Mentor the team for importance of quality
- Run quality retrospective and identify the ways of improvement
- Approve the releases made by development team after quality checks
- Educate new testers on processes and approach for quality improvement
- To create a test execution plan in order to complete testing within timelines
- Write test cases to test the functionality of the code with respect to the design and requirement document
- Share the test cases with stakeholders to review and solicit comments
- Update test cases with the comments from the team based on validity of the comments
- Execute the test cases in test environment to check the functionality of the code
- Register defects found during testing in JIRA/Other system and prioritize defects based on criticality
- Generate test execution outcomes report for the tested cases
- Add the test cases to RT suite. Maintain the RT suite
- Automate the RT suite so that it can be executed with minimum human intervention for every release
- Maintain the test environment
- Verify Unit Testing and Test Coverage analysis (done by developers)
- Automate test cases using Selenium.
- Maintain QA dashboard where applicable to highlight quality issues
- Educate associated team on quality awareness
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- Any Engineering degree (BE/BTech/ME/MTech), preferably in Computer Science Or Computer Application degree (MCA) Or Postgraduate degree (MSc) in Computer Science
- Min 1 Years-Max 3 years of experience in Manual Testing,
- Backend testing, Black Box testing, Stress testing, Security testing and Selenium Test Automation.
- Experience in UI testing for pages developed using Java/J2EE. Python, Robot Framework Automation strong plus.
Technical Knowledge Requirements
- Frontend testing – Advanced level
- Shell and Perl Scripting – Intermediary level
- Python– Intermediary level
- Oracle – Intermediary level
- Test Automation using Selenium– Intermediary level
- Agile Methodologies – Intermediary level
- Test Management tools like QC, JIRA (Zephyr) and/or defect management tools like Bugzilla
- Hands on experience on Block Box testing
- Worked on Python and Robot Automation Framework Strong plus.