Deskside Assist Engineer (DSA)
Advanced | Operations (Managed Services) | London, England
IT Services is the infrastructure, IT outsourcing and hosting division of Advanced. The team delivers solutions to business requirements in a changing technological landscape. With our customers relying on our knowledge & expertise within IT Services, our Desk Side Assist Engineers help to make the complex simple, as we become one of the UK technology industry’s success stories. We’re growing fast and building an exciting future.
The Desk Side Assist Engineer (DSA) is tasked with providing optimal value to our business by providing on site or remote IT support at the first and second line at one or several of our customers’ premises.
What you will be doing
- A Desk Side Assist Engineer provides second line support to end-users and customers
- Troubleshooting and resolving front line issues and queries
- Logging incidents, service requests, changes and problem tickets in our support platform (Remedy) escalating where necessary
- Ensuring timely resolution of requests in line with Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Creating / updating training material, quick tip sheets and other documentation
What you will be good at
- As a Desk Side Assist Engineer, you will have the ability to troubleshoot issues across networking, desktop, mobile and other IT infrastructure systems
- Some knowledge of enterprise-level IT systems and services
- Experience in co-ordination of issue resolution to agreed service levels and targets
- The ability to self-organise and prioritise workload
What we would like you to have
- A level of flexibility; with possible weekly changes in shift patterns
- Experience using Remedy is preferred, but not necessary
- Previous experience in a customer facing role is desirable
- A natural interest in putting forwards new ideas to improve processes
- A desire to develop your career at pace, and the commitment to excellence that this requires
Reimagine your Future by Joining the Advanced Team
We hire for potential, and develop at pace.
Advanced are a different sort of employer. Recruiting people with potential, our focus is on what you might be capable of achieving. We look for aspiration and passionately believe that your individual personality and core strengths are what can make you right for us. We want you to learn, to discover, to experiment, to make a difference.
With a £225m turnover, 16,000 customers and 2,200 employees we pride ourselves on delivering focused software solutions for the public sector, enterprise commercial and health & care organisations that simplify complex business challenges and deliver immediate value.
Some of our Key Benefits from day oneare:
- Generous Annual Leave - 25 days annual leave plus localised public holidays, with the ability to buy additional days
- Stunning office locations across 5 key hubs
- Charity Fundraising - Proud to be a Patron of The Prince's Trust
- Dedicated talent development team to help your Advanced career progress
- Top Achievers Club – our internal award scheme recognising excellence in our Advanced colleagues
- Pension Scheme (up to 5% matched contribution)
- Life insurance x 4 times salary
- Income protection insurance
- Childcare voucher (salary sacrifice)
- Cycle to work scheme (salary sacrifice)
- Employee assistance programme
Why should you apply? Advanced are different – we hire for potential and develop at pace so if you can reimagine your future in a vibrant growing company we would like to hear from you. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to removing bias from the hiring process.
If your application is successful, you will initially be required to take an online assessment, undertake a telephone interview with the HR team and attend a final interview. Do not hesitate, apply now and a member of our in-house talent acquisition team will be in touch!