QA Test Engineer
Tomia | Product Development | Bangalore, Karnataka
TOMIA was formed from the merger of Starhome Mach and Telarix, industry veterans in Roaming and Interconnect. TOMIA offers transformative connectivity solutions to service providers worldwide. Its innovative offering enables customers to manage a unified optimization process of both roaming and interconnect while driving the future of connectivity through new technologies and services such as VoLTE, NFV, and 5G. With over 500 employees worldwide, regional headquarters in the US, Israel, Luxembourg, India, and a presence in over 30 countries, Tomia serves over 400 operators including 30 tier-1 and six of the industry’s largest groups. To learn more visit www.tomiaglobal.com.
POSITION: QA TEST ENGINEER - BANGALORE, IN
We are looking for an experienced Test Engineer to work with the development & testing team on our industry leading business optimization products. Focus on writing use cases & test cases, developing and executing manual and automated tests. You will own creating, documenting and executing test cases that are both manual and automated for all systems. We follow a highly collaborative agile scrum methodology that requires deep QA involvement from start to finish. This position will work with business analysts, developers, scrum masters and product owners to ensure quality software product.
- The successful applicant will be working with a high performing team in a fast paced and exciting environment to improve core functionality and deliver great products to our end customers.
- Contribute to the test strategy for improving our cross-department and QA processes
- Add to our company's performance and scalability testing efforts
- Strong organizational skills- ability to complete multiple tasks under tight and competing schedules
- Should be able to work till 12:00 PM EDT or EST to overlap with US hours
- Write Use cases and test cases based on product requirements and functional specifications
- Ensure content and structure of all Testing documents / artifacts are documented and maintained
- Estimate and review QA efforts as part of the overall development effort
- Execute the test cases in test environment to check the functionality of the code
- Design and execute Integration Testing
- Perform End to End Testing
- Execute smoke, regression, and ad-hoc testing
- Register defects found during testing in JIRA/Other system and prioritize defects based on criticality
- Add the test cases to Regression Test suite. Maintain the Regression Test suite
- Automate the Regression Test suite so that it can be executed with minimum human intervention for every release
- Maintain the test environment
- Verify Unit Testing and Test Coverage analysis (done by developers)
- Timely delivery of different milestones.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Any Engineering degree (BE/BTech/ME/MTech), preferably in Computer Science Or Computer Application degree (MCA) Or Postgraduate degree (MSc) in Computer Science
- Min 2 Years-Max 4 years of experience in Manual Testing & Automation Testing
- Good knowledge of Software Quality Assurance and define quality strategies for projects and client engagements
- Experience in Microsoft SQL Server – ability to test database using SQL queries
- Experience in Stress Testing, Security Testing
- Experience in JIRA
- Strong experience in Selenium
- Experience in UI testing for pages developed using .net/MVC .
- Experience with agile practices and working in a scrum team
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Frontend testing – Advanced level
- SQL Server– Intermediary level
- Test Automation using Selenium– Intermediary level
- Agile Methodologies – Intermediary level
- Test Management tools like JIRA (Zephyr)
- Hands on experience on Block Box testing
- Experience in Telecommunication OSS/BSS platforms would be preferred