Granicus | Human Resources | St. Paul, MN
Granicus is looking for a knowledgeable Payroll Administrator to process and manage the company’s domestic and international payroll functions. Granicus is the largest cloud solutions provider for government and provides technology that empowers government organizations to create better lives for the people they serve.
You will be responsible for handling all payroll preparation and processing duties within UltiPro, our HRIS and payroll solution. You will also work closely with members of the Human Resources and Finance/Accounting teams. The ideal candidate is an organized, experienced professional who understands the unique challenges involved in processing payroll for multiple locations. The Payroll Administrator must be detail-oriented and diligent, committed to accuracy in all transactions and communications.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage workflows to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely for domestic and international employees.
- Coordinate submission and approval of time-sheets for our hourly employees
- Reconcile final payroll reports to validate proper processing of payroll taxes, 401k contributions, benefit deductions, etc.
- Work with the Benefits Administrator to ensure proper benefits deductions and benefit taxation
- Examine payroll tax reconciliation and quarterly tax filing reports with a keen eye on compliance with local, state, and federal regulations
- Process miscellaneous deductions such as payroll garnishments and 401k loan repayment schedules
- Maintain processes and audit trails for all payroll transactions
- Participate in annual 401k and worker’s compensation audits
- Preparation of employer tax forms such as the W-2, W-2c, 941, etc.
- Address issues and questions regarding payroll matters from employees and leadership
- Develop personnel, financial, and operational reporting as needed, such as monthly executive reports
Responsible for Granicus' information security by appropriately preserving the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (CIA) of Granicus' information assets in accordance with the company's information security program.
Who You Are:
- You have 3-5 years of payroll administration experience
- You possess outstanding organizational dexterity with great attention to detail
- You utilize excellent communication skills regardless of the audience
- You comprehend accounting fundamentals and payroll best practices
- You are motivated to understand changes in labor and compensation legislation and regulations
- You are proficient in MS Office, specifically Excel
- Previous experience with Ultimate Software (UltiPro) is preferred
- Certified Payroll Processing (CPP) or Fundamentals of Payroll (FPC) certification is preferred
Granicus is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, age, genetic information, sexual or affectional orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.