Group FP&A Manager
Allocate Software | Accounting/Finance | Richmond, England
Allocate Software is a leading provider of specialist workforce management software in the Healthcare, Defence and Maritime sectors. The business, under private equity ownership (Vista & Hg Capital), has significant international expansion plans over the next few years both organic and through acquisition.
This role will have responsibility for business planning, the development and production of business intelligence / insights across the Group and significant business partnering responsibilities.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing business and team, with great potential for the role to develop and expand with the business.
Business Planning & Forecasting:
- Project management of the annual business planning process, design and build templates / models / reporting with specific responsibilities for building Business Partners’ plans
- Responsibility for the Group’s quarterly forecast process
- Responsibility for cash flow forecasting (short / medium term), including modelling funding / debt requirements and ensuring continuing compliance with external debt covenants
- A leading role in the development of medium / long term business plans
Business Intelligence, Insights & KPIs:
- Design, develop, build and implement Business Intelligence Reporting both for own Business Partners and the wider Group. Including the establishment of KPIs, metrics, measurements and reports.
- Development of models and methods to support Managers in the development of forward looking projections in their business, in order to (i) improve financial management to support business growth and (ii) to show Management where business improvements can be made in order to improve performance both internally and also with external customer relationships
- Finance Business Partner for several key divisions of the business
- Design and Build Financial Models as required including Business Cases to support investment decisions and long term financial projections
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree qualified
- Qualified accountant, 2-5 years PQE either within the profession or in a commercial environment
- Experience of designing and building forward looking plans in a growing international business
- Multi currency cash flow modelling, including forecasting and managing compliance with complex debt facilities
- Financial modelling experience would be an advantage
- Experience of implementing business planning / business intelligence systems would be an advantage, as would experience of using Tableau
- Demonstrated desire and ability to adapt to and work in a dynamic, fast moving environment
- Demonstrated ability to both work successfully in a team, but also to assume ownership for own work and work independently as required – a proactive “can-do” attitude
- Communication – proven ability to produce high quality written outputs / reports and to interact with teams at all levels of the organisation including Senior Management
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Advanced level of excel is essential