CentralSquare Technologies | G & A | Overland Park, KS, KS
Our Overland Park office is looking for a new receptionist to greet visitors, route phone calls, and various other administrative duties. This position involves operating a multiline telephone system to answer incoming calls and directs callers to appropriate personnel by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Retrieves messages from voice mail and forwards to appropriate personnel.
- Answers incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of callers, and forwards calls to appropriate personnel or department.
- Takes and delivers messages or transfers calls to voice mail when appropriate personnel are unavailable.
- Answers questions about organization and provides callers with address, directions, and other information.
- Welcomes on-site visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Monitors visitor access and issues badges when required.
- Updates appointment calendars.
- Receives, sorts, and routes mail, and maintains and routes publications.
- Takes payments for mailroom services and products.
- Orders, receives, and maintains office supplies.
- Creates and prints memos, correspondence, reports, and other documents when necessary.
- Performs other clerical duties as needed, such as filing, photocopying, and collating.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Dynamics CRM, or other Contact Management Database system.
- Employee will be responsible for maintaining front door security policies and 911 call procedures.
- Must have experience operating a switchboard and multi-line phone system, and general office skills.