Entry-level Procurement Executive
Advanced | Administration - Finance | Slough, England
Advanced are one of the UK’s largest software companies, developing a range of solutions covering the whole industry and delivering right, first-time solutions, which solve customer problems, save money and deliver significant impact to users’ lives. Our vision is to continue to make a difference; positively impacting the lives of millions of people as the foremost provider of market focussed software solutions that make the complex simple. We’re growing fast and building an exciting future.
We are looking for driven individuals who want to start and accelerate their career in finance, working in a successful procurement team. You will get an opportunity to work collaboratively undertaking tasks required to deliver an effective and efficient service to customers and key stakeholders across the business.
You will be joining our Procurement team based in Ditton Park – our stunning headquarters in Datchet on a full-time basis.
What you will be doing
- Provide supplier quotes for customer requirements to sales and pre-sales colleagues
- Prepare and generate Purchase Orders for suppliers
- Process Supplier renewals and ensure renewals are always reconciled to our corresponding revenue streams, by keeping accurate records of revenue against cost
- Resolve queries regarding Invoices received from our Suppliers
- Expediting quotes, orders and query resolutions
- Communicate with colleagues to resolve errors, and handover inaccuracies.
- Control the receipt, storage and withdrawal of all controlled documents and master copies (i.e; signed contracts, requests for change etc.)
- Developing and maintaining Management Reports about Suppliers, reporting on Margins, Trends, Gains, Losses
What you will be good at
- Ability to interpret and analyse data
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Reimagine your Future by Joining the Advanced Team
We hire for potential, and develop at pace.
Our entry-level hiring strategy is all about identifying potential. At Advanced, we don’t believe in CVs. We passionately believe that your individual personality and core strengths are what can make you right for us and assess you for behavioural fit and not for past experiences. We want you to learn, to discover, to experiment, to make a difference.
With a £250m turnover, 16,000 customers and 2,200 employees we pride ourselves on delivering focused software solutions for the public sector, enterprise commercial and health & care organisations that simplify complex business challenges and deliver immediate value.
Some of our Key Benefits from day one are:
- Generous Annual Leave - 25 days annual leave plus localised public holidays, with the ability to buy additional days
- Advanced Perks At Work - Exclusive employee discount programme providing access to enhanced offers at high street retailers (including John Lewis, Tesco, Apple and Asos), discounted rates for cinema and theatre tickets, accommodation and travel bookings
- Stunning office locations across 5 key hubs
- Charity Fundraising - Proud to be a Patron of The Prince's Trust
- Dedicated talent development team to help your Advanced career progress
- Top Achievers Club – our internal award scheme recognising excellence in our Advanced colleagues
- Pension Scheme (up to 5% matched contribution)
- Life insurance x 4 times salary
- Income protection insurance
- Childcare voucher (salary sacrifice)
- Cycle to work scheme (salary sacrifice)
- Employee assistance programme
Why should you apply? Advanced are different – we hire for potential and develop at pace so if you can reimagine your future in a vibrant growing company we would like to hear from you. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to removing bias from the hiring process.
If your application is successful, you will initially be required to take an online assessment, undertake a telephone interview with the HR team and attend a final interview. Do not hesitate, apply now and a member of our in-house talent acquisition team will be in touch!