Head of Architecture (ERP and Platform)
Advanced | Development
You will lead, build and have responsibility for the technical strategy and direction of our ERP and Platform software.
You will define the high-level, multi-year technical roadmap and integrate it into product roadmaps. You also have responsibility for key areas within the Advanced group technical strategy, specifically for the establishment of reliable and value creating services within the Advanced application platform.
With responsibility for defining and ensuring appropriate non-functional requirements, you strike the right balance interdependent properties such as speed and reliability, availability and cost.
You will oversee good practice for creating software solutions, driving efficiencies, standards and consistency. You also research and recommend technologies, and solutions that may benefit the product portfolio
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Govern the high-level architecture, managing all key architecture design decisions
- Ensure appropriate standards (corporate, industry, national) are adhered to
- Contribute towards corporate standards as part of the architecture community
- Promote and ensure adoption of the technology estate and platform
- Identify and manage technical debt, risks and Issues and take action to resolve
- Ensure that the architecture is documented to enable understanding and collaboration
- Work with the security team on information risk issues, looking for new areas of concern
- Work on proof of concept solutions, and work alongside teams starting new projects
- Coach and mentor technical staff across all levels
- Contribute to the process of providing high level estimation and costing of the development workload ahead of detailed break-down, considering skills and capabilities.
- Plan and manage the programme of platform/technology work across multiple product teams. Ensure that all teams are delivering to the Strategic platform plan
- Contribute to the process of innovation within new and existing products.
- Review design proposals to ensure selection of appropriate technology, efficient use of resources to meet relevant non-functional requirements
- Consult with operations and infrastructure colleagues to improve the deployment process, topology and efficiency of resource utilisation, especially in the public cloud
The ideal candidate will have
- Extensive experience with creating effective software solutions in a range of substantial software projects and technologies some within the Finance or ERP market sectors
- A proven ability to take a systematic and analytical approach to problem solving, as well as finding creative and innovative solutions
- Excellent communication skills with people in all levels of the organisation, suppliers and customers, able to influence others
- Experience with managing people and HR issues
- A strong work ethic, being goal / target driven
- Self-starter, balancing hands on and hands off work as required
- Demonstrates commercial judgement, balancing technology choices with business strategy and commercial priorities
The ideal candidate will also have experience and sound understanding of
- Enterprise systems integration and solution development
- Domain experience with software use in the UK Finance or ERP sectors
- Effective (elastic, secure and robust) use of public cloud infrastructure, preferably AWS
- Large-scale multi-tenanted SaaS products and platforms
- Distributed computer systems, message queuing, application management
- Relational databases, preferably Microsoft SQL Server and MySQL
- Testing for and ensuring system performance under stress and fault scenarios