Senior Training Consultant
Advanced | Services - Training | ., England
Software Training Consultant
Advanced are one of the UK’s largest software companies, developing a range of solutions covering the whole industry and delivering right, first-time solutions, which solve customer problems, save money and deliver significant impact to users’ lives. With more than 16,000 customers relying on our software, our Training team help to make the complex simple, as we become one of the UK technology industry’s success stories. We’re growing fast and building an exciting future.
This is an opportunity to join us as a Software Training Consultant, where you will have the responsibility of training our clients on our HR, Payroll or Accounting solutions. This is a role that requires you to be flexible in regards to travel as you may be required to travel to our clients or our training centres in Birmingham and London.
- Present and develop standard scheduled courses covering correct usage and administration of our HR, Payroll and Accounting software in one of our Training Centres – Birmingham & London.
- Provide ad-hoc training for customers at their offices (UK & some overseas), either to the same agenda as the scheduled courses or to an agreed customised agenda. Maintenance and development of courseware.
- To assist in the day-to-day administration of the training facilities.
- Demonstrate areas of the Product in a ‘hands on’ environment to prospective clients.
- Attendance and assistance at User Group meetings, giving presentations and facilitating at discussion groups.
- Attendance and manning stands or seminars at trade exhibitions
- As well as the primary responsibilities of a Training Consultant role, the Software Training Consultant also assumes the following responsibilities:
- Support for other trainers within the team– in accordance with Training Manager direction
- Mentoring new / existing staff – in accordance with induction plan and Training Manager direction
- First point of contact for trainers’ issues
- On-site course preparation support
- Managing the maintenance and providing expert practical skills and advice for the Training Team technical environment
- Software installation Snapshot / Image-creation Hardware / Software fault maintenance Pre / post Upgrade & UAT for new systems, fixes and enhancements
- Strong communication skills with a professional verbal, written and presenting ability.
- A good knowledge of the Microsoft Windows environment and Office applications.
- A flexible and professional work ethic.
- Good organisational and prioritising skills.
- A willingness to learn new skills and products.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experienced in dealing with clients.
- Experienced in providing classroom based training.
- A good knowledge of HR, Payroll or Finance (Accounting) Software systems.
- Full Driving License.
- Experience with SQL/Progress Server and a technical background would be desirable
- Overnight stays when required
With a £250m turnover, 16,000 customers and 2,200 employees we pride ourselves on delivering focused software solutions for the public sector, enterprise commercial and health & care organisations that simplify complex business challenges and deliver immediate value.
Some of our Key Benefits from day one are:
- Generous Annual Leave - 25 days annual leave plus localised public holidays, with the ability to buy additional days
- Advanced Perks At Work - Exclusive employee discount programme providing access to enhanced offers at high street retailers (including John Lewis, Tesco, Apple and Asos), discounted rates for cinema and theatre tickets, accommodation and travel bookings
- Stunning office locations across 5 key hubs
- Charity Fundraising - Proud to be a Patron of The Prince's Trust
- Dedicated talent development team to help your Advanced career progress
- Top Achievers Club – our internal award scheme recognising excellence in our Advanced colleagues
- Pension Scheme (up to 5% matched contribution)
- Life insurance - 4 times salary
- Income protection insurance
- Childcare voucher (salary sacrifice)
- Cycle to work scheme (salary sacrifice)
- Employee assistance programme
Why should you apply? We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to removing bias from the hiring process. Advanced are different – we hire for potential and develop at pace so if you can reimagine your future in a vibrant growing company we would like to hear from you.