Senior Software Engineer (R&D- JS & Devops)
Cvent | Technology | Tysons Corner, VA
- Do you enjoy working in a collaborative, team-oriented environment?
- Do you enjoy creating innovative, long-lasting solutions?
- Are you passionate about technology?
- If you answered yes, please keep reading!
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be working as part of Cvent’s Nucleus Development Group. Our mission is to develop cross-platform tooling and next generation UI technologies, that will aide product teams in the rapid development of our best in class enterprise software.
The ideal candidate for this role will exemplify both technical expertise and empathy. We are looking for someone who wants to not only work on interesting projects but also make a positive impact across Cvent’s Engineering division. Specifically, we are looking for someone who...
- Is self-motivated and will contribute to, as well as oversee the development and maintenance of reusable components and front-end libraries for use by product teams.
- Is process oriented, can execute on multiple projects in parallel and ensure the on-time release of well tested and reliable code.
- Will provide technical expertise and mentorship to associate level team members and help to define and drive best practices across the division.
- Uses development techniques to optimize software across a vast array of devices and browsers while able to discuss the trade-offs between different techniques.
- Is excited about interpersonal communication and can build dynamic working relationships across the organization.
What we are ideally seeking for this position:
- 4+ years, of hands-on development experience.
- Highly proficient in at least one objected oriented language: Java or C# a plus.
- Strong foundation in react.js and its core principles
- Familiar with popular React.js workflows, such as Redux. •Experience with common front-end development tools such as Webpack and NPM.
- Experience withHTML5 and CSS pre-processors.
- Highly proficient with version control systems, especially GIT, a plus.
- Experience working with React Native a plus.
- Experience using and implementing RESTful APIs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline.