PowerSchool | R&D | Folsom, CA
The Project Manager will ensure the timely and accurate completion of multiple projects occurring simultaneously. This position reports to the Senior Manager, Engineering Strategy & Operations and will play a key role in the R&D strategic initiatives across the PowerSchool portfolio. This role will act as a liaison between the Architecture, Security, CloudOps, Engineering, and Product teams and play an integral part in the planning, execution, and certification of our initiatives and be responsible for driving consistent processes throughout the relevant departments. This role requires an ability to think critically, iterate quickly, communicate efficiently, and to partner across a wide variety of functions at PowerSchool to deliver high quality results.
- Lead and manage enterprise-level projects consisting of multiple project teams and/or requiring integration with other activities outside the scope of the project teams
- Support the cross-functional team in setting and meeting expectations for project deliverables, team and stakeholder communications and project process execution.
- Partner with R&D functional leaders to improve visibility and tracking of initiatives within their organization area.
- Generate and maintain weekly status metrics and daily project or initiative status updates. Understand impact of metrics and provide editorial feedback and recommendations.
- Understand relationship between multiple initiatives and surface risks, constraints and/or conflicts between project efforts.
- Provide project leadership, anticipate bottlenecks, and mitigate project risks; drive post-mortems and project root cause analysis efforts to ensure continuous improvement.
- Support and lead ongoing process improvement initiatives to refine project best practices.
- Establish credibility and rapport with technical and non-technical team members alike.
- Work with execution team to successfully deliver projects on-time and within budget; lead proactive blocker management and risk mitigation to ensure project success.
- Support leadership to develop, document, communicate and encourage best practices for planning, execution, and monitoring of projects.
- Collaboration and mentorship with other project management peers on skill improvement and best practice refinement within the R&D project management organization.
- 3-5 years project management work experience within the software or cloud operations space
- Demonstrated understanding of the SaaS business model and the Agile product development lifecycle.
- Proven ability to manage multiple technical projects with competing priorities across a distributed team.
- Proven ability to lead major organization initiative as solo or lead project/program manager.
- Outstanding organizational, communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills conducive to collaboration.
- Proven ability to communicate to multiple levels within an organization, with appropriate level of detail.
- PMP Certification strongly preferred.
- Bachelor degree or 5+ years relevant work experience.