Consultant – Student Success, Senior Associate
EAB | Technology | Washington, DC
At EAB, our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We harness the collective power of more than 1,500 schools, colleges, and universities to uncover and apply proven practices and transformative insights. And since complex problems require multifaceted solutions, we work with each school differently to apply these insights through a customized blend of research, technology, and services. From kindergarten to college and beyond, EAB partners with education leaders, practitioners, and staff to accelerate progress and drive results across three key areas: enrollment management, student success, and institutional operations and strategy.
At EAB, we serve not only our members but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their community. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
The Role in Brief
Consultant – Student Success, Senior Associate
The Consultant (also known as a Strategic Leader) is the primary relationship manager and consultant for our university and community college clients, playing the lead role in managing our Student Success Technology project timelines, consulting on workflow integration across each school within the University/College and ensuring clients see value in our technology. In addition to partnering with senior academic leaders (including but not limited to Provosts and Vice Provosts) to implement our student success technology platform, the consultant will work with academic advising and other support departments to drive depth and breadth of use of the platform, leverage analytics to identify new areas of opportunity and work with senior academic leaders to identify and overcome systemic obstacles to student retention and graduation success. The EAB Technology division to committed to a diverse and inclusive community, and we are looking for individuals excited to contribute to this community and who bring experience collaborating with diverse stakeholders.
This role is based in Washington, D.C.
Implementing Student Success Technology:
- Manage the end-to-end relationship with universities and community colleges utilizing EAB’s Student Success technology, from initial onboarding, to platform implementation, through user training and consulting
- Complete gap analysis of existing advising, support processes and student experience across each school as a means of identifying missed opportunities developing the optimal workflow integration of the platform
- Monitor technology implementation progress; answer questions and devise solutions to client problems
- Partner with member on appropriate change management strategies to implement the platform
- Partner with EAB technical/data support staff and launch consultants to ensure smooth implementation of our technology platform
Driving Student Success Technology Impact
- Serve as the senior client point of contact, working closely with the project sponsor and student success leaders at each university through the full implementation process and post-implementation
- Lead and facilitate client discussions and meetings both via phone and in person
- Develop engagement strategies with key stakeholders
- Create project plans and deliverables to help drive utilization and impact of the platform
- Present research briefings and educational sessions to your clients and, as applicable, collaborative-wide via webinars, regional meeting or national meeting roundtable
- Calculate and disseminate impact analysis
- Provide feedback and support to product management team to continue to further refine and enhance the technology
Supporting Renewals and Cross Sells
- Monitor client satisfaction, manage continuous improvement process and assure technology is meeting their needs
- Triage, report, address and communicate next steps for member needs, issues or product gaps
- Identify cross sell opportunities across membership and support sales process (where applicable)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Must possess at least 3 years of experience in two of the following:
- Consulting experience
- Client management experience
- Project management experience
- Experience presenting to groups or facilitating training sessions
- Demonstrated solution-focused analytical reasoning and quantitative analysis
- Experience working in higher education
- Willingness to travel 30-50% domestically
- Valid driver’s license
- Deep knowledge of the academy, in particular undergraduate programming and academic advising
- Consulting experience in the areas of enrollment management and student retention
- Proven ability to drive change and achieve results in an academic setting
- Experience working with student information systems and student data
- Ability to create compelling stories validated with data and proven best practice research
- Possess intellectual curiosity, persistence and creativity in problem solving
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Generous PTO
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.