Analyst, Data Science and Product
Mediaocean | MBuy | Chicago, IL
MBuy, a division of Mediaocean, is a managed service media buying and analytics agency that is quickly establishing itself as the most forward-thinking and technologically advanced player in the industry. At MBuy, data is at the heart of everything we do. As a company we are always looking for ways to provide the most innovative and effective solutions for our global Advertisers while maintaining a consistent focus on the growth of our people and products.
What You Will Do:
As a member of the Data Science & Product team, you will work on cutting edge industry problems and will be responsible for the success of our most influential clients. Your role will include various exciting responsibilities that involve Marketing Strategy, Campaign Optimization, Product Development, Business Intelligence, Data Management, and Decision Science. In simple terms, you’re going to apply data, technology, and strategy to transform how we service our clients and their marketing initiatives/investments.
Our mission is to develop solutions that will make a difference in the world of marketing while driving customer success, business growth, and just being flat out awesome at everything we do. If you’re a rock star, with Sherlock Homes-Like powers of observation, then you’re in good company. The ideal candidate for us is someone who is continuously looking to find better solutions and is not afraid to question the status quo. A true leader who shows empathy, thoughtfulness, loves solving problems and would devour data for breakfast!
Your Responsibilities will include:
- Developing a thorough understanding of all digital advertising technology related to desktop, video, mobile, and social channels
- Leading the transformation and translation of data into insights, recommendations, and results
- Owning campaign performance and strategy for our clients, while setting goals for a measure of success
- Collaborating with Account Managers to ensure campaigns are setup and positioned to best meet client needs
- Consulting clients to understand their endpoint marketing objectives
- Designing, developing and maintaining dashboards for tracking key metrics and benchmarks
- Recommending technologies and products to improve company-wide processes
- Helping MBuy become the only agency whose entire workforce is data-literate
What You Will Bring To The Job:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Information Systems, Business Analytics or equivalent
- Excellent analytical skills – complete ease with excel and pivot tables
- An eye for design and presentation
- You pride yourself on your ability to think and practice successful intelligence
- Love for technology – Exposure to databases, programming, web design and software development methodologies a plus
- You are great at building relationships and possess unwavering optimism that brings individuals from across the company together
- A mountain of patience when it comes to problem solving
- Willing to do whatever it takes. Failure isn’t an option for you
- Believe that “One Team” is greater than the sum of its parts
- Practice empathy and have a passion for making others better
- The idea of every day being different excites you
- You believe in having standards, strong principles and values
- Preference for delivering simple and effective solutions rather than complex and perfect
We’ve already seen tremendous growth, but we are still very early in our journey. If you have are ambitious, have an analytical mindset and background, are interested in making significant impact and passionate about redefining the future of marketing, we’re excited to hear from you.