Systems Administrator I
CentralSquare Technologies | Customer Support | Lake Mary, FL
Provides technical support for Infrastructure, Operating Systems, and 3rd party applications as it relates to the implementation of the Central Square product suite. Troubleshoot and configure SQL system backups and recovery, replication jobs, and re-indexing tasks. Maintains data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity. Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures of server, virtual server, and network administration. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Reports to a Team Lead, Manager, or Director.
This will require after-normal-business hours support and possible weekend work, and will require being part of the technical 24/7 on-call rotation. Also, periodically, this position will require working a fixed work schedule starting as early as 8am EST.
- Service-oriented mentality.
- High sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned.
- Focus on managing and resolving issues in alignment with the SLAs
- Effective communicator. Establish and maintain communications with customers to keep them updated with status of their requests and successfully set their expectations. Has well developed listening skills.
- Able to resolve basic issues within SPS application or servers, independently. Proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes.
- Able maintain effective team relationships through appropriate communications skills, participation in team discussions, and assisting other team members with resolving issues or completing projects.
- Basic experience in troubleshooting computer and networking issues.
- Basic experience with installing, updating, and supporting operating systems such as Windows Server and HP-UX.
- Basic experience with backups, restore and recovery models.
- Basic experience in implementing operational automation using scripts.
- Basic experience with Database Management Systems such as Microsoft SQL Server
- Basic familiarity with working with Active Directory and proper disk configurations.
- Basic experience working in a VMware production environment.
- Good documentation skills.
- Certification is a plus; Microsoft - MTA, MCSA, MCSE; CompTIA - A+, Network+, Cloud+; GIAC – GISF, GCUX, GCWN, GSEC
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related fields or equivalent 4 years of work experience required.
- 0-1 year work experience in a production environment
- Ability to travel (expect less than 15%) to client sites and/or conferences.
- Have a cell phone (some reimbursement may be possible) and be willing to share cell phone number with coworkers.