Entry-Level Sales Support Associate (Full-Time, Starting Summer 2019)
EAB | Commercial | Washington, DC
EAB is an education best practices firm that uses a combination of research, technology, and services to improve the performance of 1,500+ educational institutions. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., EAB forges and finds the best new ideas and proven practices from its network of thousands of leaders, then customizes and hardwires them into every level of member organizations, creating enduring value.
At EAB, we serve not only our members but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their community. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
The Role in Brief
Entry-Level Sales Support Associate
The Member Development organization is the engine that drives new business opportunities for EAB. As a key member of that team, the Entry-Level Sales Support Associate (internally referred as a Member Development Associate, or MDA) serves as the support function for the organization, ensuring things are running smoothly and deadlines are being met. The Entry-Level Sales Support Associate will also serve an important role both internally and externally as a liaison, information resource, and key point of contact throughout the sales transaction. Entry-Level Sales Support Associates will gain experience and expertise within our firm on sales strategy and operations as well as gain industry knowledge and an understanding of EAB products and services.
This role is based in Washington, DC.
- Act as an internal and external liaison that supports executives within the function to achieve business objectives
- Confirm and reschedule visits and follow-up calls with prospective members
- Schedule calls with prospective members
- Update Salesforce with new visit or follow-up activity, maintaining high data integrity
- Complete standardized trip preparation
- Gather and ship relevant meeting materials
- Coordinate prospect appreciation campaigns
- Other administrative duties and special projects
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Must possess at least two of the following:
- Customer service experience
- Experience working in a team environment
- Experience in an office setting
- Leadership experience
- Excellent academic record
- Ability to collaborate with others for process, product, and service improvement
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to a variety of audiences
- Proven ability to meet and exceed internal and external customer expectations
- Proven ability to manage and troubleshoot basic technology platforms
- Attention to detail
- Solution-focused problem solving
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience developing personal organization tactics to meet business goals
- Proven experience managing multiple, competing priorities
- Discretion with sensitive material and communications
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Generous PTO
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.