CentralSquare Technologies | Cloud | Lake Mary, FL
This position will partner with the Sr. Database Administrator in maintaining and providing 24/7 support of the database management systems for CentralSquare’s Cloud product offerings based on Microsoft database technologies. This position will be involved in providing support for the Microsoft SQL Server infrastructure which includes programming, installation, and monitoring, tuning and troubleshooting issues for a commercially hosted 3-tier application in a high availability environment. This role will be working with optimizing database performance, database upgrades and/or migrations.
Excellent work ethic, attention to detail, ability to work in a highly collaborative, collegial, multidisciplinary fast paced team environment. Excellent analytical skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and requests. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to work independently and meet requested deadlines promptly.
- Partner with the Sr. Database Administrator to maintain 600+ databases. Ensuring the highest standards of availability, resilience, integrity, security and performance.
- Set up new databases in Microsoft database and perform database maintenance.
- Partner with the Sr. Database Administrator during installation, configuration, software upgrade and updates to maintain client environments.
- Partner with the Database Administrators in development, setting up and managing automation scripts
- Performance tuning and database optimization.
- Set up centralized monitoring, executing scripts, patches, backup reports, status reports and performance monitoring.
- Ability to work during non-business hours including weekends and holidays, as needed.
- General knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2008R2 2012 and 2016 with production support experience in a multi-project environment.
- General knowledge of SQL including troubleshooting and tuning.
- General SQL performance and tuning skills including server configuration and tracing facilities.
- Strong sense of ownership.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS OF INTEREST
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- College degree with a major in Computer Science/Information Technology.
- 3+ years of related working experience in SQL.
- Relational databases such as Microsoft SQL and Windows server operating systems or an equivalent combination of both experience and education in a computer programming language and relational database accepted.
- Experience working in a production Internet facing environment.
- Customer service focused.
- Azure/AWS experience a plus