CentralSquare Technologies | Cloud | Lake Mary, FL
This is a production Database Administrator position. Primary responsibilities of this role include owning, tracking, and resolving database related incidents and requests, reviewing service related reports (e.g: database backups, maintenance, monitoring) on a daily basis to ensure service related issues are identified and resolved within established Service Level Agreements (SLAs), responding to database related alerts and escalations and working with the Senior Database Administrator to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems. This will require after-normal-business hours support and possible weekend work, and requires being part of the technical 24/7 on-call rotation after training.
- High sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned
- Establish and maintain communications with technology customers to keep them updated with status of their requests
- Initiate and perform changes on production systems
- Proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes.
- Experience with developing and implementing database structures in a hosted or cloud environment.
- Extensive experience with installation and administration of MS SQL Server. Oracle database Server, DB2, and Informix experience is not required but is desirable.
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Experience with AWS or Azure is a plus
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
- Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts.
- Experience working in a VMware production environment.
- Good communication and documentation skills.
- Certification is a plus; Microsoft - MCTS, MCITP
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related fields or equivalent work experience required.
- 3 year work experience in a production environment