Customer Support Specialist
Upserve | Customer Operations | Denver, CO
===== About Upserve =====
Upserve is the industry's leading full-service Restaurant Management Platform. In a single platform, Upserve offers the market-leading cloud point of sale for restaurants, actionable analytics, and seamless integration with leading third-party restaurant apps. Thousands of restaurants use Upserve to manage relationships with more than 32 million active diners, and to serve over 23 million meals per month.
Upserve is headquartered in Providence with an additional office in downtown Denver. We believe that culture is a competitive advantage, and treat it as such -- our values of One Team, Impact, Empathy, Openness, Curiosity and Grit guide our daily actions. Learn more about what that means from our blog - https://upserve.com/inside-upserve - or by following us on Twitter and Instagram (@InsideUpserve).
Our Customer Support Specialists understand that our customers are the magic ingredient. They make it easier for restaurant owners to run their business while respecting their time. Customer Support Specialists are passionate about problem-solving and efficiently resolving customer issues. They are highly empathetic and natural educators - understanding the stress restaurateurs encounter. This is a fast-paced, collaborative environment all working towards common goals.
Day to Day this means:
- Fielding inbound customer phone, chat and email inquiries
- Listening and understanding customer needs and concerns
- Identifying technical issues and use appropriate troubleshooting steps leading to resolution
- Keeping detailed notes in SFDC on customer interactions
- Handling customer requests, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives
- Ability to achieve daily / weekly / monthly expectations
- Managing customer expectations regarding estimated response times for issue resolution
- Expediting service in situations requiring urgent attention as determined by management
- Identifying opportunities for improvement and contributes to solutions to enhance workflow efficiency and enhance the customer’s experience
===== The Right Ingredients =====
Above all else, all Upserve employees are united in our shared optimism, passion, and enthusiasm for the customers we support through our innovative product. In our daily work, exemplify our values of grit, openness, empathy, Impact, and curiosity. It also means that you enjoy having a big impact, can operate autonomously and possess the following qualifications:
- Associate's Degree or equivalent (Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Customer service experience
- Professional and effective communications skills – both verbal and written.
- Ability to effectively interact and maintain professionalism with customers via phone and email
- Ability to follow through on both verbal and written instructions and effectively adhere to Upserve’s processes and workflows
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and organize multiple tasks concurrently while meeting deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a customer-driven, fast-paced environment
- Restaurant experience is preferred, but not required
*Start times vary between 6:00am and 12:00pm and schedule may include weekends