Technical Product Manager
Cvent | Technology | Austin, TX
Technical Product Manager
Cvent is the world's leading provider of cloud-based software for meetings and event management. Our product suite includes tools like online event registration, meeting site selection, event management, mobile apps for event attendees, e-mail marketing and web surveys.
Founded in 1999, we currently have 3200+ employees and are still growing rapidly. Our headquarters is located outside of DC, in Tyson’s Corner, VA, and we have additional U.S. offices in Portland, OR; Austin, TX; Atlanta, GA; Lexington, MA and others. We’re global, too: we have offices internationally, including Fredricton, Canada, New Delhi, India, and London, England.
Cvent has an award-winning culture and has been recognized as one of the best places to work annually by various media and news organizations. We currently have job openings across all departments and locations and are looking for new employees to bring new ideas to the table and contribute to our continued success.
About the Position
The Technical Product Manager is a member of our Product Management team, which is responsible for the product vision and roadmap of Cvent’s suite of products. You will help conceive and build a developer platform via which partners and third-party developers will construct integrations with the Cvent platform in the near-term, and build extensions to the Cvent platform in the long term. It includes authentication, a centralized REST-based Application Programmer Interface (APIs), a developer site for endpoint documentation, API key provisioning, forums and partner listings, etc.
This work requires sound judgment, critical thinking, leadership, and a sense of urgency. You must foster a team environment of shared ownership in project execution, and be able to effectively drive decisions with product stakeholders from across the company.
Ownership extends from conceptualization to construction to evangelism. In this role you will work directly with engineering and support teams to help build, maintain, and optimize the features and services that you define. You will create and track metrics to define the success of your frameworks and services. You will help develop communication practices to educate and evangelize to your stakeholders, who are the consumers of your product. You will also have proven analytical capabilities, writing skills, web development experience, and be a self-starter who can develop ideas independently, communicate those ideas effectively and thrive in a fast-paced, multi-functional role.
This position is optionally located in Austin, TX or in Tysons Corner, VA.
What to Expect
- Conduct research to find innovative solutions for our growing portfolio of software applications
- Create product concepts, requirements, and other documentation to support project deliverables
- Participate in the Agile development lifecycle
- Work directly with sprint team(s) to ensure product success and quality
- Produce internal training materials for new product features and modules
- Communicate with all product teams, promoting and supporting the adoption of your work
- Operate in a results-oriented manner to achieve projects goals, with a standard of excellence
The ideal candidate has
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- 6-8 years of product management experience
- Academic and/or professional experience writing web-based applications or internet sites, and technical understanding of large distributed systems.
- Experience with products that have an Application Programmers Interface (API), specifically a REST API web services architecture.
- Outstanding organizational, prioritization and multitasking skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with an ability to drive clarity and precision in product requirements
- A solid understanding of the software development life cycle, including requirements gathering, analysis and design, development tools and technologies, release and version control, contemporary testing methodologies, and deployment management.
- The passion to drive a growing area of Cvent’s business, evangelize it across all departments, and work with both internal teams and partners and third-parties to make it a success.
- Comfort working collaboratively with a cross-functional, distributed team of architects, engineers and marketers.
- Ability to drive, contribute to, and communicate solutions to technical product challenges.
- A sense of urgency, ownership and drive to get things done