Granicus | Marketing | Washington, DC
Come work for GovLoop, a division of Granicus, in June 2019. Granicus is the industry’s leading cloud-based solutions for communications, meeting and agenda management, and digital services to more than 3,000 public sector organizations. Granicus helps turn government missions into quantifiable realities. We are looking for bright, hard-working current or recent students (an undergraduate degree, or working toward one, is all that is required to apply) to join us starting Monday, June 3, 2019 and ending Friday, August 30, 2019. This is a full-time, four-month paid internship in downtown D.C. We are accepting applications now!
GovLoop's mission is simple: connect government to improve government. We serve a community of more than 300,000 federal, state and local government leaders by helping them to foster collaboration, share best practices, solve problems and advance in their government careers. We aim to inspire public sector professionals to better service through a variety of programs. GovLoop was named as one of the top places to work in D.C. in 2015.
Throughout GovLoop's history, more than 85 fellows have worked as integral contributors to core products, including news reporting, in-depth research reports, online and in-person training events, digital marketing campaigns, video animation, web and graphic design, and much more. Past fellows have gone on to jobs at the State Department, OMB, National Geographic, and Deloitte among others.
What You Get To Do:
- Lead the reporting and writing of news articles about key government topics, including emerging technologies, cybersecurity, workforce and data analytics
- Contribute to in-depth research and reports on government IT and management issues
- Copy edit featured content on GovLoop.com and across GovLoop’s editorial products
- Interview senior government officials for GovLoop content projects
- Cover government-related events in D.C. to network and provide insights for our community
What We Need In You:
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Ability to conduct quick research and synthesize into compelling summary content
- A general interest in the public sector
- A dynamic go-getter who can handle a range of tasks and juggle multiple projects
Granicus is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, age, genetic information, sexual or affectional orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.