Manager, Software Development
Vertafore | Development
As a Vertafore Development Manager, you will be instrumental in the ongoing success of the top Connectivity products within the insurance industry. Join our Vertafore team and solve some of the most complex technical challenges in our well-established product by creating a system ready for future growth & advancing technologies. The Software Development Manager will lead the product development team by setting strategic technical direction to achieve the product vision through active mentoring, technical decision-making and facilitating company-wide collaboration.
• You will be a leader, helping to establish standards, drive architecture and engineering practices
• Supports the growth and development of employees; coaches and mentors team
• Leads team members to ensure that results are delivered on time and with high quality; negotiates scope, architectural decisions with stakeholders across Vertafore to identify win-win solutions
• Sets clear expectations and goals with employees; ensures they are aligned with department and organizational goals
• You will translate business needs into workable technology solutions; decomposing complex problems into simple, straightforward solutions
• Advocates across functions and groups for solutions that improve long-term product health and sustainability
• Takes personal responsibility for resolving problematic gaps in technical requirements, specifically those with the potential to increase cost and risk
• Promote an environment that brings creativity to the workplace, retaining & growing our talent
• You are an excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills and are able to work effectively with team members and clients to deliver software solutions.
• You have a positive attitude, team player with a desire to impact change, accountable for your job responsibilities, dedicated to meeting and exceeding customer expectations, and drives for results.
Nestled in the rolling hills of middle TN we are located directly south of Nashville, TN & directly north of Huntsville, AL which is a reverse commute for most commuters in larger metropolitan areas. The Pulaski office is responsible for the #1Comparative Rater for Personal Lines Insurance in the country. Our office is responsible for all aspects of the development cycle, including UI, Content, Quality Assurance, Customer Support and Distribution, as well as being part of a bigger organization on the verge of creating the newest software for Rating and Managing Insurance products around the country.
In total, we have 95 employees at this site. We have a smart team dedicated to helping each other and delivering high quality products to our customers. Our managers are dedicated to growing their people and offering an opportunity that allows you to make impact in your career and get the recognition you deserve. Our work culture fosters collaboration, innovation, integrity, mentorship, and commitment to success.
Over the past 40 years, Vertafore has advanced the business of insurance by bringing together the best software in the industry to help agencies, carriers, and MGAs run their organizations. Today, we’re proud to say hundreds of thousands of Vertafore users rely on our solutions to write business faster, cut costs, and fuel growth by increasing collaboration and streamlining processes. Vertafore helps our customers deliver exceptional value to their clients with innovative, intuitive, and comprehensive products and services. Vertafore leads the industry with secure, cloud-based mobile products that provide superior reporting and analytics, delivering actionable insight— right when customers need it most.
Vertafore strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law equal employment. Visit http://www.vertafore.com/careers today!
• Must hold Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
• Five or more years of experience in software development environment developing web applications, you have written code, and delivered systems well
• Three or more years as manager or team lead with a demonstrated ability to provide technical leadership and mentoring.
• Experience with web client-side technologies (i.e., HTML, XML).
• Established background in developing customer-facing products, features and services in a SaaS environment
• Experience with Amazon Web Services a plus
• Experience in security best practices for software
• Knowledge in engineering best practices – current & evolving
• Solid communication skills (oral, written, and presentation) and strong interpersonal skills
• Exceptional leadership abilities, with desire to lead by example
• An ability to translate customer insights into technical solutions
• Insurance knowledge a plus