Cloud Application Architect
PayLease | 210 - Engineering | Chicago, IL
PayLease has an exciting opportunity for a Cloud Application Architect to join our engineering team. We are seeking a hands-on technical leader who understands Enterprise Architecture, AWS Cloud best practices, Integrations, System Design, Scalability and Reliability. A high degree of teamwork and flexibility are essential for this position.
- Develop a thorough technical understanding of PayLease Product Portfolio and provide technical solutions to optimize existing product designs.
- Work with technical leadership across PayLease business units and develop a shared services or platform strategy.
- Work closely with Product Management, Engineering Managers and Lead Engineers to help architect scalable and highly available application solutions for ongoing business deliverables.
- Mentor engineers on industry best practices and help drive a culture of engineering excellence.
- Collaborate with external stakeholders to develop highly reliable integration solutions that scale.
- Serve as the Product Owner for the Enterprise Tech-Debt Backlog helping drive technical clarity and prioritization of Tech-Debt items.
- Drive technical processes like design reviews and ensure technical decisions and designs are appropriately documented.
- 5+ years hands-on experience in architecting large scale software development applications.
- Strong understanding of RDBMS at scale.
- Experience designing APIs and an understanding of enterprise integration patterns.
- Experience with AWS cloud hosting and system design, architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing and horizontal scalability.
- Experience with CloudFormation and CICD pipelines.
- Application development experience on Linux and Windows based systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment effectively managing multiple priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Customer first mindset.
- Full stack experience with LAMP and .NET
- Experience in successfully delivering a re-architecture from Monolith to Microservices.
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience.