Systems Administrator I
CentralSquare Technologies | Cloud | Lake Mary, FL
Installs new system, application, and prerequisite software releases and upgrades, evaluates and installs patches, and resolves software related problems. Performs system backups and recovery. Maintains data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures of server, virtual server, and network administration. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Reports to a Team Lead, Manager, or Director.
The position will also be responsible for installing an upgrading the CentralSquare Technologies applications, hot fixes, and services packs on an as-needed basis.
This will require after-normal-business hours support and possible weekend work, and will require being part of the technical 24/7 on-call rotation. Also, periodically, this position will require working a fix work schedule starting as early as 7am PT.
- Service-oriented mentality.
- High sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned.
- Focus on managing and resolving issues in alignment with the SLAs
- Effective communicator.Establish and maintain communications with customers to keep them updated with status of their requests and successfully set their expectations.Has well developed listening skills.
- Able to resolve basic issues within SPS application or servers, independently.Proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes.
- Able maintain effective team relationships through appropriate communications skills, participation in team discussions, and assisting other team members with resolving issues or completing projects.
- Basic experience in troubleshooting computer and networking issues.
- Basic experience with installing, updating, and supporting operating systems such as Windows Server and HP-UX.
- Basic experience with backups, restore and recovery models.
- Basic Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts.
- Basic familiarity with working with Active Directory and proper disk configurations.
- Basic Experience working in a VMware production environment.
- 0-1 year work experience in a production environment
- Good documentation skills.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related fields or equivalent
- Certification is a plus; Microsoft - MTA, MCSA, MCSE; CompTIA -A+, Network+, Cloud+; GIAC – GISF, GCUX, GCWN, GSEC
- Ability to travel (expect less than 15%) to client sites and/or conferences.
- Cell phone
- When working remotely or on-call, have Internet access.