Systems Administrator II
CentralSquare Technologies | G & A | Greensboro, NC
Installs new system, application, and prerequisite software releases and upgrades, evaluates and installs patches, and resolves software related problems. Performs system backups and recovery. Maintains data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures of servers, and network administration. Has in-depth understanding of standard concepts, practices, and procedures within CentralSquare Technologies and the Information Services team. May assist in establishing or updating practices and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complex tasks and projects, while demonstrating expertise in particular areas such as networking, virtualization, and server administration. Works under general supervision, with some degree of creativity and latitude. Primary job functions may require exercising independent judgment. Reports to a Manager, or Director.
This will require being part of the technical 24/7 on-call rotation for after-normal-business hours support and possible weekend work.
- Advanced level of experience in troubleshooting computer and networking issues.
- Advanced level of experience with installing, updating, and supporting operating systems such as Windows Server on premise and the AWS/ Azure cloud.
- Advanced level of experience with backups, restore and recovery models.
- Advanced level of experience in implementing operational automation using scripts.
- Strong working knowledge of Active Directory and proper disk configurations.
- Advanced level of experience working in a VMware production environment.
- Experience planning, implementing and administering AWS or Azure cloud environment preferred
- Solid understanding of SAN configuration, operations, and usage.
- Well established documentation skills.
- Certification is a plus; Microsoft - MTA, MCSA, MCSE; CompTIA - A+, Network+, Cloud+; GIAC – GISF, GCUX, GCWN, GSEC
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related fields or equivalent 4 years of work experience required.
- 2-4 year work experience in a production environment, beyond degree requirements.
- 2+ Years administrator experience in AWS or Azure cloud environment preferred
- Ability to travel (expect less than 15%)
- Be able to lift 50lbs or less