CentralSquare Technologies | Development | Wilmington, NC
The Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for all aspects of testing, measuring, and improving product quality and reliability. As a member of the core engineering team, he/she will work closely with developers and architects to understand features and create robust comprehensive test plans to verify functionalities of the software application. This role will develop, execute, and maintain test cases across a diverse suite of products. The Quality Assurance Engineer conducts tasks and assignments as directed with moderate supervision and some latitude for independent judgment.
- Analyzes and converts business requirements, user stories, and design documents to detail test cases and test plans.
- Executes functional and regression test cases.
- Conducts manual and/or automated tests on major and minor version releases, service packs and patches.
- Utilizes SQL to run queries and profiles as needed for testing.
- Identifies and logs defects and relates to test cases.
- Coordinates multi-user testing scenarios and ad-hoc software testing to elicit defects.
- Designs, does setup, configures, and maintains test lab systems and environments, including software product install, computer hardware, network configuration, virtual machines and other lab equipment, software, and infrastructure as needed.
- Designs, implements, executes and maintains automated tests, automated test frameworks and/or infrastructure to execute automated tests.
- Delivers high quality and reliable software that meets customer experience while achieving compliance to business and technical requirements and standards.
- Researches the validity and/or cause of customer issues. Advises Technical Support on resolution or escalates to software engineering group.
- Participates in Lean-Agile activities including back-log and sprint planning, stakeholder reviews, daily stand-ups, and retrospectives.
- Operates as a resource to less experienced Quality Assurance Engineers, providing an open learning environment for cross-team knowledge sharing. Shares technical knowledge in both one-on-one and group settings.
- May require the ability to work an On-Call shift lasting one or two weeks approximately four times per year.
- Ability to pass background check requirements for working on and connecting to public safety information systems.
- Other responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle methodology and testing methodology, especially in a Lean-Agile environment. Knowledge of defect tracking tools.
- Knowledge of software development tools, and initiative and ability to learn and use technology to develop, enhance, and/or maintain current product lines. Advanced/Intermediate skills in MS products including Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, and to share knowledge with others. Good communication skills with a customer service focus.