Professional Services Consultant -GL & Core Financial
CentralSquare Technologies | Professional Services | Chicago, IL
PROFESSIONAL SERVICES CONSULTANT- Core Finance and GL
The Software Consultant acts as the subject matter expert and “Trusted Advisor” of CentralSquare software solutions. This responsibility broadly includes the discovery, configuration, validation, and testing, training and Go-Live phases of CentralSquare software project implementation. Build and maintains positive relationships with the customers. Provides initial demonstration of software to customer, analyzes customer processes and recommends best practices for customer to follow with CentralSquare software. Will provide on-site or remote configuration training to agency personnel. This position will provide on-site or remote configuration training and end user training to agency personnel. The person in this role possesses an excellent level of product knowledge, serves as liaison between the organization and customers, and works closely with project management staff to maintain implementation timelines.
- Develops and maintain subject matter expert knowledge for the configuration of CentralSquare software solutions
- Analyzes customer processes and recommend best practices for customer to follow with CentralSquare software
- Completes project assignments and client interactions under supervision of a Project Manager
- Provides consistent follow up and follow through on the project tasks, deliverables, and communications with the project team and the clients
- Maintains project documentation, project tickets, and client supplied information
- Performs system demonstrations of CentralSquare software
- Assists Customer Personnel in configuring their system to best meet their unique needs
- Assist Customer personnel with system review and testing prior to go-live and with equipment installation and setup
- Identifies, documents and communicates project risks to the Project Manager
- Delivers outstanding customer service via phone, email, remote meetings and in person
- Builds and maintains strong working relationships with customers
- Provides onsite training to agency personnel using both direct end-user training and train-the-train formats
- Conducts internal training sessions
- Presents at user conferences as necessary
- Works with a wide range of disciplines and personalities, both internally and externally
- Assists with training new employees
- Creates and updates documentation for product configuration and use
- Identifies topics and processes that need improvement and provides solutions to manager
- Demonstrates initiative by sharing scenarios and lessons learned with team members
- Identifies additional oppourtunities while working with the customer and communicate to Project Manager
- Other responsibilities as required
- Ability to provide configuration and best practice recommendations for functional processes related to CentralSquare product lines
- Proven track record of minimal post go live issues and follow up from customers
- Performs configuration reviews on both live and non-live databases and provides best practice recommendations on how to improve current processes
- Works on any size project based on complexity with minimal supervision
- Tests and provide input into implementation plans of new products and large-scale projects
Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferrably in the field of Business, Finance, Accounting, Computer Science or related degree.
Specialized knowledge: Experience in General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and other Core Finance functional areas is preferred. Also, experience with local government is ideal.
Computer Skills: Knowledge of SQL, programming languages or ERP configuration are a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Very strong analytical and organizational skills; detail-oriented
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing business and customer needs, maintaining a high degree of flexibility. ability to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Ability to learn new applications and system features quickly
- Dedicated to the best possible customer experience and takes initiative toward improving it
- Ability to articulate technical and functional concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
TRAVEL: Able to travel 50-70% of the time.