Principal Product Manager
Omnitracs | RN - Product Management | Dallas, TX
The Principal Product Manager – OEM will define Omnitracs’ strategy and partnerships within the commercial vehicle industry - including, Original Equipment Manufacturers, Truck Equipment Manufacturers and technology partners in this space. Strategy and Products within this role include proprietary and partner developed software applications and data analytics features. The Senior Product Manager will also conduct ideation sessions both internal and external to Omnitracs to define innovative solutions that will strengthen Omnitracs position as market leader. The Senior Product Manager will also have responsibility for supporting project execution, market research, market analysis, market positioning, schedule tracking and timely delivery to milestones, as well as leading product meetings, providing status to management, identification and management of barriers and risks. The Senior Product Manager works to develop the strategic product plan, product requirements, and go to market strategies.
The Senior Product Manager owns the Vision, Strategy, Roadmap and Product Backlog.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Own the Product Vision, Strategy, Roadmap, and Product Backlog
- Ensure other parties align to strategy
- Own requirements, specifications, and release plans for assigned products
- Prioritize initial product development and feature enhancements
- Understand and incorporate customer and market insights into roadmap
- EDUCATION: BS/BA in business, engineering, or a related field
- EXPERIENCE: 2-5 years’ experience in a R&D or business environment
• Strong understanding of the target market
• Strong product management competency and experience in software and SaaS products
• Business and financial acumen to direct and provide business and market oriented guidance around elements of the products (relative priorities and needs, performance requirement, cost/price and timing targets, etc.)
• This job is the fully qualified, career-oriented, journey-level position.
• Go/to expert for features and product
• Brainstorms constructively with others
• Leads effective brainstorming with others
• Structures strategic conversations - with no help
• Drives Product strategy - with some help
Disclaimer: This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties in addition to those described above.
Omnitracs LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local municipal law.