Sr. Director/Director, Global Fulfillment & Logistics
Cvent | Client Services | Draper, UT
Job Summary: The Sr. Director/Director of Global Fulfillment & Logistics is responsible for managing fulfillment, warehouse, equipment maintenance, staffing, vendor management, capex and consumables purchasing, and process optimization to accommodate greater fulfillment, ultimately leading to client satisfaction. Maintaining appropriate inventory levels and providing accurate forecasting.
Job Responsibilities: Key responsibilities/expectations for this role will include:
- Oversees and directs the daily operations of purchasing and outsourcing activities.
- Oversees the efficiency, effectiveness and costs of our internal and external logistics and warehouse operations.
- Manage staffing needs for onsite fulfillment, training, and delivery for thousands of client events.
- Establish and maintain ongoing vendor qualification procedure and hold vendors accountable to acceptable performance standards of quality, cost and delivery expectations; escalates when appropriate.
- Liaison with dozens of suppliers and contract manufacturers as required ensuring timely equipment to thousands of events across the globe.
- Partners with cross-functional leadership to establish goals that align with strategic plans and drives scalable growth through creative approaches.
- Facilitate presentations to executive management related to new contracts or supplier programs, tools, technology or group achievements.
- Determine each supplier’s capability to produce new components on time and within established cost targets and quality standards.
- Plan and direct the activities of direct reports so that maximum, measurable results are achieved.
- Conduct staff performance reviews; establishes goals, objectives and training for staff.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Industrial Engineering
- 10+ years’ experiences in a senior position in a process flow environment with successful strategic and tactical supply chain results.
- Experience managing international and domestic supply chains in a similar industry preferred.
- Disciplined negotiator in large contract negotiations, able to balance cost, financial, quality and legal terms in complex negotiations.
- Strong understanding of how to optimize landed cost with supplier and delivery risk through tough negotiation, good vendor selection and appropriate contract terms.
- Proven interpersonal relationship, verbal/written communication skills and a team mentality is a must.
- Excellent planning, problem solving, negotiation and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage time and prioritize work.
- Strong ability to create and maintain processes while also collecting and measuring various metrics. Relying on data for decisions on forecasting, negotiations and investments.
- Ability to deliver results and creative solutions to challenges under pressure.