Vista Equity Partners | Accounting/Finance | Oakland, CA
Vista Equity Partners is seeking a Staff Accountant to join the Finance team to support day-to-day operations of Vista’s private equity funds. Successful candidates will have a fundamental understanding of fund accounting, investment operations, and financial systems and thrive in a dynamic and fast paced environment. This results-driven role requires frequent interaction with administrators, investors, compliance teams and offers exposure to other areas of a growing private equity firm.
The role is based in Oakland, CA and is for an immediate start.
- Review quarterly and annual fund accounting packages provided by the administrator, including trial balance, GAAP financial statements, and investor account statements across multiple fund structures.
- Assist with the set-up of shadowing workpapers or system for major accounting processes, including capital calls, distributions, partners’ allocations and waterfall model.
- Coordinate with audit team on support documentation, respond to audit inquiries, and ensure timeliness of year-end audit deliverables.
- Review quarterly expenses and prepare allocations across fund structures.
- Assist with capital activities, including capital calls and distribution, by reviewing workpapers, capital call and distribution letters and wires prepared by the administrator.
- Assist with investor requests and inquiries.
- Coordinate and compile data for periodic regulatory compliance filings, performance calculations, and adhoc requests from management, investors or investment team.
- BS/BA degree in business or related field
- 1-3 years of relevant professional experience including public accounting, fund accounting, and investment operations experience in the asset management space; experience with the Big 4 accounting firms is preferred
- Strong accounting and operations skills, including system/technology skills and proficient to excellent in– Microsoft© Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) experience
- Detail oriented, and a self-starter able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong teamwork skills and able to coordinate across multiple business functions
ABOUT VISTA EQUITY PARTNERS
Vista Equity Partners is a U.S.-based investment firm with offices in Austin, Chicago, New York City, Oakland, and San Francisco with more than $46 billion in cumulative capital commitments. Vista exclusively invests in software, data, and technology-enabled organizations led by world-class management teams. As a value-added investor with a long-term perspective, Vista contributes professional expertise and multi-level support towards companies to realize their full potential. Vista’s investment approach is anchored by a sizable long-term capital base, experience in structuring technology-oriented transactions, and proven management techniques that yield flexibility and opportunity.