Product Owner - Software
CentralSquare Technologies | Development | Kelowna, British Columbia
CentralSquare Technologies has an immediate need for a Product Owner to join our growing team in Kelowna!
What We're About
At CentralSquare, you’ll get the opportunity to work with international clients, in a collaborative environment, using the latest technology stacks.
Looking to grow your career? That’s great! We believe in growing and cultivating careers. You’ll learn from seasoned software professionals, and work with up and coming superstars. There is plenty of room for growth for motivated people.
Hard work should be rewarded. We are committed to competitive compensation, and pair it with a great benefits package.
We also like to have fun at CentralSquare. If you like playing recreational sports, Friday socials, and all you can drink coffee, you'll fit right in.
As a member of the development team the Product Owner is the leader in developing and communicating the product vision. The Product Owner is responsible for creating, maintaining and prioritizing the product backlog and ensuring that the development team is able to focus on delivering the top priorities. As a representative of the customer, the Product Owner works closely with the development team, product management and customers to ensure that business, quality and functional goals are met with each product release.
- Convey the product vision and goals to the agile development team
- Participate in the day-to-day sprint execution activities and be available to the development team as required
- Manage competing priorities, evaluate trade-offs and make fast decisions that allow the development team to achieve rapid delivery
- Have a deep understanding of what the customer needs
- Prioritize the product backlog based on business value, facilitate backlog grooming meetings and lead iteration planning sessions
- Ensure that there is shared understanding of the desired functionality and acceptance criteria outlined in user stories
- Inspire and motivate the development team to deliver innovative and exciting solutions with an appropriate sense of urgency
- Responsible for buy-off/rejection on the product increments delivered each sprint
- Lead release planning activities and set expectations for delivery of new functionality
- Work with key stakeholders across the company to ensure successful product launch to the marketplace
- Collaborate with product management in research, market analysis and product road mapping activities
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles
- BSc or Diploma in Computer Science, Business or similar field
- 5+ years experience in designing, building, and implementing software solutions, preferably Saas or web-based applications
- Significant experience in business analysis, requirements definition and deployment of business requirements
- Prior Product Owner experience
- Exhibit strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving and business acumen skills
- Passionate commitment to quality and success
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) or similar certification is an asset
- Prior experience working with healthcare applications is an asset
Some Advice: Don't ignore this opening that can provide you with more career opportunities through growth, guidance and an honest interest in your future.
One more thing: Extended skill sets are welcome and encouraged - don't be afraid to send us your resume even if you are a bit uncertain.
Okay-last thing, promise: Share this with friends. We could have something that suits them, too.