Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Cvent | Technology | Gurgaon, Haryana
Cvent is the world's leading provider of cloud-based software for meetings and event management. Our platform of products includes web and mobile software to manage and facilitate online event registration, meeting site selection, event management, e-mail marketing and web surveys. We build highly scalable, enterprise applications that event planners can use to elevate the event and hospitality experience.
Founded in 1999, we currently have close to 3,700+ talented and dedicated employees. Cvent is headquartered just outside of DC, in Tysons Corner, Virginia, with additional offices across the United States and the world. We have received several awards and honors recognizing our strong company culture, innovative products, stellar customer service, visionary leadership and investment in our employees.
We are responsible for ensuring that our platform is stable and healthy. We break down barriers by fostering developer ownership and empowering developers. We support them by building creative and robust solutions to operations problems. We use our background as generalists to work closely with product development teams from the early stages of design all the way through identifying and resolving production issues. We see the big picture. We help create and enforce standards while facilitating an agile and learning culture. We use SRE principals such as blameless postmortems and operational load caps to ensure we’re constantly improving our knowledge and maintaining a good quality of life. Overall, we’re passionate about automation, learning and participating in dynamic day to day work.
What You Will Be Doing
- As a Site Reliability Engineer, you'll use your advanced development and operations knowledge to identify and prioritize issues. Find universal solutions to common problems and mentor and support junior staff. Additionally, you will:
- Enlighten, Enable and Empower a fast-growing set of multi-disciplinary teams, across multiple applications and locations.
- Tackle complex development, automation and business process problems.
- Champion Cvent standards and best practices.
- Ensure the scalability, performance, and resilience of our suite of products.
- Work with the development and product team of a new application to establish the right monitoring and alerting strategy.
- Work with a new acquisition's DevOps team to cross-pollinate best practices, educate and close gaps in Cvent standards.
- Develop build, test and deployment automation that seamlessly targets multiple on-premises and AWS regions.
- Help a dev team working on a legacy code base to realize zero-down-time deployments.
- Give back by working on and contributing to Open Source projects
- Implementing new automation
What You Will Need for this Position
- Graduate degree in a related field with relevant experience
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Minimum 3 years of experience in IT operations, SDLC methodologies (preferably Agile software development methodology).
- Hands-on experience with Linux/Unix Administration
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible or equivalent
- Experience with build tools such as Jenkins, Maven etc
- Working experience with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, couchbase, postgres etc
- Working understanding of at least one of the following: Python, Ruby, PHP or equivalent
- Self-motivation and the ability to work under minimal supervision is must.