Customer Retention Specialist
NAVEX Global | Sales, Leadership & Operations | Charlotte, NC
Job Title: Customer Retention Specialist
Sales Leadership & Operations
Full Time, Exempt
As a Customer Retention Specialist for NAVEX Global, you will support our outstanding sales team by responding to questions and inquiries from our internal staff as well as our clients. The Customer Retention Specialist will work closely with our Legal, Finance, Client Care, Sales Account Managers, and Account Executive teams to determine the best options for the client and to assure client satisfaction.
In This Role You Will Often:
- Learn and develop an understanding of NAVEX Global products/services
- Respond to inquiries/calls from Finance, Sales Account Managers, Accounts Executives and clients regarding contract renewals and pricing
- Review and negotiate termed and/or mutual consent software agreements to renew services
- Process the removal and/or reduction of services and manage the credit process to completion
- Develop innovative ways to retain escalated clients and provide them with viable renewal options, including but not limited to negotiating pricing and/or contract duration
- Develop business relationships with Finance Specialist/Manager, Account Managers, Account Executives, Product Specialists and Legal
- Capture your consistent client activity and other key information within Salesforce on a daily basis
- Create and maintain a daily report with status updates and account progress for management review
- Provide backup coverage for other Retention Account Specialists as needed
- Assist with special projects and other responsibilities related to customer retention as assigned
This Job Might Be For You If You Have:
- 1-3 years of account management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college or equivalent work experience
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to communicate professionally with clients
- Keen interest in sales operations and communication
- Ability to work under pressure and manage tight deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Flexibility to work independently and within a team environment
- Proven track record delivering outstanding customer service and problem-solving skills
- Experience modeling a high standard of commitment to an organization and intellectual curiosity
- Respond to inquiries in a timely manner
- Exercise a high degree of good judgment to ensure the client’s needs are met and their expectations are surpassed
- Actively engage as a positive team member committed to making a difference
Life at NAVEX:
In addition to changing the way people experience life at work and supporting organizations on their way to achieving their goals through our innovative products and services, we are committed to doing the right things right!
We believe gratitude and grace go hand in hand and that how we engage with and support each other should matter as much as the care we extend to our amazing clients. We also believe that we have the opportunity to influence the experience we have in the workplace and can make a difference through what we do and how we do it. Together we are strengthened by our organizational values and attributes, and energized by our potential. Your ability to serve others, uphold our code of conduct and workplace practices, and model our core values and attributes will be at the center of your success!
After successfully passing a background check, you can expect a fast paced, changing environment that includes frequent deadlines and the need to multi-task competing priorities each day. You can anticipate extensive use of a computer, (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint), phone, and high volumes of email. You should expect to consistently apply your strong English fluency when speaking with others, reading work related materials, and creating written correspondence.
Bottom line, our team believes you can experience incredible growth and have one of the most meaningful experiences in your career at NAVEX Global. We compete for the best talent, offer a competitive salary, and a great benefits package in addition to the excitement of joining a team on a mission to build a phenomenal company.
About NAVEX Global:
NAVEX Global’s comprehensive suite of ethics and compliance software, content and services helps organizations protect their people, reputation and bottom line. Trusted by 95 of the FORTUNE 100 and more than 12,500 clients, our solutions are informed by the largest ethics and compliance community in the world. For more information, visit www.navexglobal.com.
Diversity and Inclusion:
NAVEX Global strives to understand, value, and incorporate the differences each team member brings to our organization. We believe that diversity and inclusion are key drivers behind our core values, allowing us to continue to realize success. Our global customer standards require us to attract and retain the best talent and to find great talent, we must look across a variety of spectrums. We understand that differences in age, race, religion, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, physical ability, thinking style, veteran’s status, and background strengthens not only our workplace culture, but our ability to connect with people around the world. Our team members have the right to expect a workplace in which the differences they bring are welcomed and valued each day. NAVEX Global is proud to celebrate the diversity of our team and champions an environment where authenticity and respect are at the forefront of how we engage with each other.
NAVEX Global hires people based upon job related qualifications regardless of race, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition, political affiliation or any other classification proscribed under applicable federal, state or local law. NAVEX Global encourages women, vets, minorities and those with disabilities to apply for any of our great opportunities. Your decision to self-identify through our application is one of several steps NAVEX Global uses to measure and advance diversity and inclusion within our workplace. (Please note your confidential information will be accessible only by appropriate members of NAVEX Global’s Human Resources Team.)
Request for Accommodation:
If you are interested in applying for an opportunity with our team and would like assistance or an accommodation to use our application, we want to help! Please let us know the nature or your request by contacting us via email at email@example.com or by phone (800) 230-1421 and request to speak with a member of our Recruiting Team.