CentralSquare Technologies | G & A | Wilmington, NC
Installs new system, application, and prerequisite software releases and upgrades, evaluates and installs patches, and resolves software related problems. Performs system backups and recovery. Maintains data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures of server, virtual server, and network administration. Will be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within CentralSquare and the Cloud Solutions team. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, as well as pre-established guidelines and instructions to perform the functions of the job. Works under General supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Reports to a Team Lead, Manager, or Director.
The position will also be responsible for design and maintenance of the infrastructure used by CentralSquare’s Cloud Solutions: to include AWS, Azure and VMware, operating systems, and CentralSquare applications,
This will require after-normal-business hours support and possible weekend work, and will require being part of the technical 24/7 on-call rotation.
- Service-oriented mentality.
- High sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned.
- Focus on managing and resolving issues in alignment with the SLAs
- Strong communicator.Establish and maintain communications with customers to keep them updated with status of their requests, influence customers, and successfully set their expectations.Has well developed listening skills.
- Able to resolve basic and Experience issues within CentralSquare application or servers, independently.Proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes.
- Able maintain effective team relationships through appropriate communications skills, participation in team discussions, and assisting other team members with resolving issues or completing projects.
- Experience in troubleshooting computer and networking issues.
- Experience with installing, updating, and supporting operating systems such as Windows Server.
- Experience with installing, updating, and supporting VMware vSphere/ESXi.
- Experience with backups, restore and recovery models.
- Experience level of experience in implementing operational automation using scripts.
- Familiarity with working with Active Directory and proper disk configurations.
- Experience with AWS or Azure Cloud is a plus.
- Basic understanding of SAN operations and usage.
- Well established documentation skills.
- Certification is a plus; Microsoft - MTA, MCSA, MCSE; CompTIA -A+, Network+, Cloud+; GIAC – GISF, GCUX, GCWN, GSEC
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related fields or equivalent 4 years of work experience required.
- 4+ year work experience in a production environment
- Ability to travel (expect less than 5%) to client sites and/or conferences.
- Have a cell phone (some reimbursement may be possible) and be willing to share cell phone number with coworkers.
- When working remotely or on-call, have Internet access.