Senior Software Engineer (React, Angular)
Cvent | Technology | Vancouver, British Columbia
Cvent’s Vancouver office is focused on building out the next generation mobile/web application platform. We have a diverse, collaborative and open environment where our teams are focused on building features that delight our customers. We create thousands of customer apps a year and have millions of downloads in both the Apple and Google app stores. Needless to say, it’s an exciting time to be a part of the world’s largest software solutions provider of mobile event apps for conferences, meetings, conventions, and trade shows.
The ideal candidate is motivated to explore and deliver the best possible solutions to our users.
What You Will Be Doing
- Start-to-finish technical ownership of features and/or applications from inception to delivery
- UI/UX requirements and mockups to build functional, high-performance react native application
- Research the latest technologies, test, implement and report back to the team on what you’ve discovered
- Push the boundaries of what is possible applying creative solutions to hard, mobile-centric problems like synchronization, asynchronous APIs, and leveraging offline device capabilities
- Create and maintain technical design documentation for new features and applications
- You’ll create intuitive, custom UI controls and interfaces that match our great user experience
What You Need for this Position
- 5+ years of experience designing and developing complex applications
- 2+ years of experience with a variety of modern programming languages (Java, C/C++, Objective C, Python) and open-source technologies.
- Strong experience with React, Angular OR Cordova or similar, NodeJS
- Experience with delivering software projects using Agile / Scrum methodologies
- Experience with full-native, hybrid, and pure-web mobile app development
- Hands-on experience creating custom UI controls, consuming RESTful APIs, designing protocols, implementing delegate interfaces, animations, and performance optimization
- BS in Computer Science or related field. An advanced degree is highly preferred.