Cloud Platform Architect
CentralSquare Technologies | Development | Greensboro, NC
Cloud Platform Architect - (Can be out of either the Wilmington or Greensboro office)
The Cloud Platform Architect is responsible for:
- Designing architecture, in the form of documentation, diagrams, presentations, prototypes, or any other means appropriate for the task at hand – in order to create or enhance our Enterprise Public Safety applications, services, and integration in the cloud.
- Providing architectural and big-picture oversight for development of new or enhanced software products.
- Promoting and incorporating critical software attributes in all work, such as security, usability, reliability, extensibility, maintainability, fault tolerance, scalability, and performance
- Contribute code to the ongoing day-to-day development efforts.
- Ensuring quality and consistency of the architecture across software systems and provide day-to-day technical guidance to the development teams.
- Conducting highly complex work without supervision and complete latitude for independent judgment. The Cloud Platform Architect must demonstrate advanced technical proficiency in his/her personal work as well as contribute to the team’s continued success by increasing her/his technical knowledge. This is sometimes a customer facing role, and the Cloud Platform Architect will communicate professionally and positively with CentralSquare Technology clients.
- Collaborating productively with application level architects and engineers toward objectives
Education: Bachelor's or higher degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
Professional Certification(s):Industry certification a plus, especially AWS Architect certification.
Specialized knowledge: Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle, especially in a Lean-Agile environment. Advanced knowledge of Cloud Platform Architecture and design, as well as security and encryption technologies. Recognized as expert in the field and knowledgeable of emerging trends and industry practices. Advanced knowledge of Cloud Computing including AWS cloud-native platform services and architecture best practices.
Computer skills: Knowledge of software development tools, and initiative and ability to learn and use technology to develop, enhance, and/or maintain current product lines. Advanced/Intermediate skills in MS products including Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
Experience (years and type): Typically requires 8 to 10 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
Competencies: Ability to work independently and in a team environment, and to share knowledge with others. Good communication skills with a customer service focus.