Director, Product Management
PowerSchool | Product Management | Folsom, CA
This position, under the general guidance of the Chief Product Officer and VP, is responsible for driving and executing the direction, coordination, quality and output of the Unified Platform team. This position will be responsible for definition of high-value extensions and enhancements to PowerSchool’s Classroom product portfolio. This position will ensure that employees apply incremental delivery principles to working practices, driving the delivery of value through your teams; communicating progress, eliciting feedback and enabling stakeholder reviews for validation in the process. Additionally, this position will provide leadership and guidance to create a multi-functional team of top level, high-performing product leaders.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Monitors and drives all performance goals
- Improve organization’s performance on delivering products by managing the cross functional development scope with Product Managers, Product Owners and Scrum teams.
- Rapidly scale our product line
- Rapidly iterate and constantly improve the platform
- Ensure effective rollout of new products across the platform; package and position ideas and products in ways that uniquely appeal to consumers
- Manage ongoing feedback loops with learners, partners, enterprises, employees and industry influencers to deliver consumer insights and improve our learner experience and platform services as rapidly and efficiently as possible
- Deliver weekly reports on project status to Senior Management
- Provide strong leadership to the product team through intelligent, clear and inspirational communication and a hands-on, passionate approach to the job
- Coaches and develops employees
- Works to increase team efficiency and effectiveness in order to achieve long term goals
- Participates in recruiting process, onboard new hires
- Handles all other HR-related tasks including performance reviews and performance management
To be considered for and to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Education and/or experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business or computer science, or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years’ prior experience in a product owner, product manager, or senior business analyst role
- 3+ years in a managerial role
- Ability to understand and document complex technical issues and translate them to user stories
- Experience with education data or K-12 grading concepts
- Excellent understanding of Agile Values and Scrum Methodology
- Excellent ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments
- Excellent understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Excellent knowledge of Agile/Scrum methodology practices
- Experience in developing platform technologies including data integration, identity management, API development and shared component architecture, preferred
- Excellent problem solving, conflict resolution, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Experience with business analysis, documenting use cases or requirements gathering
- Excellent ability to handle a heavy workload, effectively prioritize and execute tasks, with multiple projects and frequent interruptions in a high-pressure environment
- Strong attention to accuracy and detail, while still results oriented