Associate Technical Writer
Aptean | Development | Bangalore,
Would you like to be a part of the organization where high energy meets intellect? If you get excited by solving puzzles and working in a collaborative environment, then Aptean wants to work with you!!
Aptean is a leading global provider of industry-focused mission critical enterprise software solutions. Our solutions help nearly 6,500 organisations stay at the forefront of their industries by satisfying their customers and continuing to operate more efficiently. Headquartered in Alpharetta, GA, Aptean has offices in North America, Europe, and India, as well as an extensive Partner Channel. Our customers are located in 74 countries across Europe, Latin America, and North America.
Aptean is focused on providing products and solutions to customers in specific verticals. Our products are rich in feature and functionality and delivered on premise, SaaS and Hybrid delivery models. Aptean’s products deliver value at lowest total cost of ownership and scale with needs of our customers. Most of our products and solutions are leaders in the vertical market segments they serve.
Aptean uses its core values of Drive For Results, Win Together, Foster Innovation, and Be Courageous to guide its employee community to serve every customer in every geography and market.
Open Position: Associate Technical Writer
Roles and Responsibilities
- As an Associate Technical Writer, should be able to draft the technical requirements as product documentation
- Should be able to analyze the requirement and the end user audience.
- Should be well versed in both SDLC and DDLC processes.
- Provide technical suggestions for the complete and precise documentation deliverables.
- Work closely with the team and the project manager to comprehend the requirement and scope of product documentation deliverables.
- Create and maintain the online help files and user guides with new feature updates.
- Participate in technical and functional review meetings.
- Coordinate with peer writers and editors to complete the review process on the document deliverables.
Education qualification, experience and additional skills required
- Any graduation with minimum of 1-3 Years of technical writing experience.
- Should have strong vocabulary and sentence structuring knowledge.
- Should have good knowledge of technical writing tools like Adobe Frame Maker, Rob help, Microsoft Office Suite, SnagIt.
- Having Madcap Flare tool knowledge will be added advantage.
Skills Required: • Strong verbal and written communication skills with an excellent command of the English language, characterized by a strong grasp of English grammar, style, tone, spelling, and punctuation. • 1-3 years experience as a technical writer in the software industry, • Experience employing a full commercial software development lifecycle methodology (SDLC). • Demonstrated professional experience designing and authoring highly technical product documentation for end users, system administrators, and software developer audiences. • Demonstrated knowledge of the commercial software development process and the document development life cycle (DDLC). • Proven ability to work effectively within time constraints to meet schedule deadlines. • Familiarity with the Microsoft Manual of Style for Technical Publications and the Chicago Manual of Style. • Experience with Microsoft Windows-based development and documentation standards.