Sr. Database Administrator
Trintech | Cloud | Addison, TX
Are you interested in working for a rapidly-growing, SaaS software company which creates enterprise financial solutions? If so, you might want to consider Dallas, TX based Trintech for your next career move.
Trintech is a visionary leader in the Cloud Financial Performance Management Solutions sector whose innovations in the Record-to-Report (R2R) process are at the heart of its success. With over 3,000 enterprise customers across the globe, our teams embody a small-company culture that plays big role in a rapidly-growing enterprise software sector. The key to our success is our people, and we are looking for talent as we grow.
Trintech is currently expanding its Software Engineering, SaaS Operations, and Information Technology teams in its Addison, TX headquarters. Do you enjoy tackling problems that are difficult to solve? Do you envision yourself accelerating your career as a member of technology and engineering teams who ensure the highest level of innovation and quality? Are you meticulous in your attention to detail and someone who takes your commitments seriously? Do you enjoy working in small teams that do the same? If so, you might make a good fit in our innovative, high-energy work environment.
Job Summary: Trintech’s Senior Database Administrator role affords a motivated and qualified candidate to work within the database team as part of a globally-distributed team of Site Reliability Engineers responsible for SaaS applications in a 24x7 production environments across the globe.
The Senior Database Administrator will report to the Senior Manager of Cloud/SaaS and work with the database team. In addition, working with the Enterprise Architecture team in the overall Chief Technology Officer’s organization.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs all database administration tasks required to design, implement, manage, and support 24x7 production environments with Microsoft SQL Server, Azure SQL, and Oracle.
- Drives incident response, root cause analysis, and advanced performance troubleshooting to proactively resolve database infrastructure problems and isolate application defects.
- Works closely with Development, QA, Support, and Implementation teams across the full SDLC to design databases, queries and maintenance plans for availability and performance.
- Develops, optimizes and tests complex stored procedures.
- Creates scripts to automate data collection and database administration tasks.
- Builds and optimizes reports using SQL Reporting Services, Power BI, Crystal Reports, and other reporting and analytics tools.
- Defines and manages maintenance plans for non-production and production SQL environments.
- Ensures security requirements are met, supports audit and compliance activities, and manages end-to-end encryption of data at rest.
- Proactively monitors database and query performance using native and third-party tools.
- Performs installation, configuration, and patching of database server instances.
- Architects solutions for workloads that optimally leverage bare metal, virtualization, active/active clustering, and other approaches to meet BC/DR plans and recovery objectives (RTOs/RPOs) targets.
- Leads engagements with internal customers, external clients, and auditors as an SME on Microsoft SQL Server technologies (database, analysis, integration, and reporting services).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field.Will consider an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Excellent written, oral, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills.
- 3-5 years of experience managing Microsoft SQL Server technologies across the full SDLC.
- 3-5 years of experience supporting databases in 24x7 production environments.
- Experience designing, building and managing database environments to meet RTOs/RPOs and Business continuity/disaster recovery (BC/DR) requirements via clustering, virtualization, log shipping, etc.
- Experience planning, implementing and managing virtualized database servers in a VMware vSphere or Microsoft Hyper-V environments.Azure SQL PaaS experience is a plus.
- Proficient in T-SQL and/or PL/SQL.PowerShell and/or shell scripting experience is a plus.
- Experience with third-party database monitoring tools desired (e.g., SentryOne, Idera, Qwest, Redgate).
- Experience working in consulting or other high-growth, fast-paced agile environments where technology is leveraged as an asset to drive culture, quality, and velocity.
- Prior experience in organizations leveraging agile and/or ITIL methodologies is preferred.
- Able to adhere to technical standards that augment security and infrastructure architecture.
- Ability to strongly influence peers and technical staff within the team.