IT Project Manager
Omnitracs | IT Infrastructure | Dallas, TX
Omnitracs, LLC is a global pioneer of trucking solutions for all business models. Omnitracs’ more than 1,000 employees deliver software-as-a-service-based solutions to help more than 12,000 customers manage nearly 1,100,000 assets in more than 70 countries. The company pioneered the use of commercial vehicle telematics over 25 years ago and serves today as a powerhouse of innovative, intuitive technologies. Omnitracs transforms the transportation industry through technology and insight, featuring best-in-class solutions for compliance, safety and security, productivity, telematics and tracking, transportation management (TMS), planning and delivery, data and analytics, and professional services.
The IT Project Manager position is responsible for the coordination and completion of projects within the IT department. The IT Project Manager oversees all aspects of projects, sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes progress of project. He/she builds and maintains working relationships with team members, vendors, and other departments involved in the projects. The Project Manager is directly accountable for the successful implementation of customer IT Infrastructure project(s) and is measured against the following success factors: Quality, Schedule, Budget and Customer’s Satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Leads the successful delivery of complex IT Infrastructure projects from planning and design to implementation.
- Organize business stakeholders and technology solution teams to scope, plan, track, and report on project deliverables
- Accountable for the Project Budget.
- Participates in the preparation of proposals and agreements.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of project schedules by working directly with project team members, resource managers, and key business stakeholders
- Track and report on progress of project schedules and independently recognizing status needs
- Regularly provide detailed project status reports and other required project artifacts
- Update and maintain project SharePoint sites, JIRA project sites, Confluence Wikis and other project deliverables
- Document management: Ensure project documentation is complete and effectively communicated to appropriate persons and departments
- Lead Project Management meetings: Schedule, take meeting minutes, publish minutes to project teams, track and report on action items and key decisions
- Evaluate, understand, and communicate relationships between projects, subsystems and tasks
- Evaluate overall project health based on time, resources, and budget and accurately communicate issues and concerns early to the IT Management team
- Develop and sustain cooperative cross-functional working relationships to inspire, influence, motivate, and guide others towards goal accomplishments.
- Encourage and facilitate cooperation within the organization and with customer groups.
- Able to deliver clear and concise product presentations and to write clearly and effectively
- Consistently deliver excellent customer service, both internally and externally, and confidently interact with customers.
- EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Project Management, Information Technology or related field
- EXPERIENCE: 2-5 years’ experience in IT Project Management
- Experience in the deployment of IT Infrastructure technologies focused on Enterprise/Cloud Services.
- Strong resource planning skills in an agile organization
- Comfortable working in complex technical environments
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Ability to manipulate data using pivot tables
- Experience in process development, execution, compliance and rollout
- Business oriented oral and verbal communication skills
- Ability to assist with leading project teams with multiple locations and tight timelines
- Ability to move quickly and efficiently between tasks and projects
- Ability to multitask and meet multiple deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and direction
Disclaimer: This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties in addition to those described above.
Omnitracs LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local municipal law.