EAB | Enrollment Services | Richmond, VA
EAB is an education best practices firm that uses a combination of research, technology, and services to improve the performance of 1,200+ educational institutions. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., EAB forges and finds the best new ideas and proven practices from its network of thousands of leaders, then customizes and hardwires them into every level of member organizations, creating enduring value.
At EAB, we serve not only our members but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their community. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
The Role in Brief:
Associate Copywriter, Advancement Marketing Services
The Copywriter merges the unique voice of our university partners with proven marketing strategies in order to create effective direct mail and digital campaigns. This role requires a strong understanding of direct marketing principles and tactics. This position works with more senior copywriters, art directors, web designers, digital marketing specialists, data and client teams to develop engaging concepts to fulfill client goals and expectations. Copywriters must develop a thorough understanding of our clients’ brand, voice, personality and messaging objectives in order to write inspirational and compelling copy which drives response. The ideal candidate has professional copywriting experience (preferably non-profit fundraising), a positive attitude, an outstanding work ethic and a desire to help our clients achieve their annual fund goals.
This role is based in Richmond, VA.
- Write and revise original direct marketing copy for assigned clients
- Learn from team and client feedback to write copy that is consistently strong, on strategy and grammatically correct
- Contribute to copy and annual fund marketing discussions in client meetings
- Participate in team, client, and process meetings; specifically all creative discovery/re-discovery sessions
- Work collaboratively and successfully with others, including Art Directors, Web Designers and account teams
- Possess the technical flexibility to quickly adapt to changing systems and processes
- Provide support to fellow copywriters as necessary to meet production deadlines
- Become proficient with specific workflow and marketing automation systems
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- At least 2 years writing experience in a professional setting (higher education and/or non-profit fundraising is desired)
- Ability to think creatively and translate ideas into effective copy
- Demonstrated ability to impact response rates based on copywriting skills
- A passion for writing and the willingness to collaborate with and learn from other creative professionals
- Ability to manage time and meet tight deadlines as well as work late hours/weekends as needed
- Minimal travel required
- Ability to conform writing to prescribed styles
- Non-profit and/or higher education writing experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment
- Strong organizational skills with ability to handle multiple priorities/deadlines
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match and day one full vesting
- Generous PTO
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.