Ping Identity | Marketing - CIS (7200) | Denver, CO
At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's built on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
We are looking for an experienced event professional to manage the operations of the annual Identiverse Conference. The Event Manager will work in conjunction with other members of the team to execute on the conference logistics to exceed expectations. This individual needs to have that perfect combination of operational acumen, strategic development and financial aptitude to not only see the big picture but execute the day to day elements. This position is a full time, position reporting to the Senior Conference Manager, based in the Denver office. Responsibilities include:
- Partnership with operational suppliers/vendors to ensure successful execution of assigned elements within budget (including audio visual production, design, venue, entertainment, etc.)
- Manage food and beverage requirements and planning
- Partner with venue and key vendor staff to execute all logistics
- Manage & track housing needs to ensure availability and solutions for oversell
- Review meeting space and manage room assignments to and determine specific needs
- Work closely with the Conference Content Chair on the speaker needs and agenda programming.
- Partner with Expo Manager to ensure conference and expo operations are in alignment
- Partner with Marketing Manager to ensure all internal and external deliverables are met
- Partner with Registration Manager to execute web registration, onsite staffing and process
- Research and manage external vendor partners for the execution of various conference elements, including, temp staffing, security, print materials, transportation, entertainment, etc.
- Source, manage and track branded inventory in conjunction with Marketing Manager
- Acts as a resource for clients, service providers and other staff with regard to guidelines, procedures, and processes.
- Manage the onsite contract staff and security plan
- Other tasks as assigned
Forecasting & Budgeting:
- Develop and manage the operational budget to ensure positive results
- Evaluate current providers for capabilities/cost and make recommendations for future success
- Negotiate with current & potential suppliers to maintain the best possible experience and service
- Review supplier bills for accuracy to ensure timely payment
- As the Identiverse brand grows, the Event Manager will work closely with other members of the team to develop and execute webinars, podcasts and other educational outlets and events to be determined.
- 4-6 years professional work experience in the meeting, event and tradeshow industry
- Must live in commutable distance from the Denver office - this is not a
- Team player who is willing to roll up their sleeves dive in where needed
- Strong communication skills – both in written and verbal communications
- Possess applicable analytical and problem-solving skills and a high degree of responsibility, initiative and professionalism