Senior Software Engineer
STATS | Product & Technology | Durham, NC
Automated Insights, a division of STATS, is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer in our Durham, NC location.
What You'll Do:
- Contribute to all aspects of the services under the team’s ownership, which includes design, implementation, refactoring, automated testing, deployment, and uptime of the services
- Improve internal team processes by keeping what's working, throwing away what's not
- Collaborate on the vision of the services under the team's ownership
- Build technology the right way; for us, this means simple, well-tested services and tools that gradually grow over time, and that provide plenty of insight into production usage and performance
- Help other team members grow as engineers through code review, pairing, and mentoring
- Create unit and acceptance tests, in collaboration with the Quality Assurance team
What You'll Bring:
- 5+ year Ruby and Rails experience
- Node.js experience a plus
- Python experience is a plus but not a requirement
- Experience building and maintaining APIs
- Strong knowledge of AWS services and resources, AWS certification a plus
- Strong background with Docker and containerized services
About Automated Insights
Automated Insights (Ai) helps organizations make better business decisions, faster. By empowering data-driven organizations with Ai’s proprietary natural language generation (NLG) platform, Wordsmith, businesses are able to deliver the right insight, to the right person, at the right time and in the easiest-to-understand medium—the written word. Wordsmith makes exploring, discovering, and communicating insights easier than ever before. Our Wordsmith platform turns raw data into written narratives for clients like Activision, Yahoo!, and the Associated Press.
STATS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics.