Consultant, Professional Services
Aptean | Business Operations | Mississauga, Ontario
Provide application consulting and support to Aptean customers. Participate as a member of the implementation team to deploy new projects, and/or provide on-going support to their existing installation. Consult with customers in the configuration and usage of application modules; research and resolves problems and issues. Manage customer expectations and foster positive business relationships with all customers.
Requires interface with customers and other team members. May involve travel to customer sites.
Knowledge: A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. This job is the fully qualified, career-oriented, journey-level position.
Complexity: Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
Supervision: Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
Education (Indicate the minimum level of education necessary for this position. Check all that apply and indicate specific degree as applicable to the side (e.g., Bachelor’s in Computer Science)
Work Experience (Indicate the approximate years of relevant work experience necessary for this position)
Typically requires a minimum of 2 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 1 year and a Master’s degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience. Typical range is 2-5 years.
Depending on position, experience can range from 2 - 4 years.
Skills and Abilities
- Possesses working knowledge of the Aptean application and demonstrates proficiency in key areas of the application.
- Understands the industry and business environment served by the application.
- Basic understanding of relational database concepts and architecture.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to work efficiently and independently and do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Ability to handle difficult or sensitive situations with diplomacy and tact.
- Track record in providing outstanding customer service.
- Ability to travel to customer sites as required.