Ping Identity | Documentation (4110) | Vancouver, British Columbia
At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's built on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
Are you a technical writer who’s able to see the big picture?
Are you interested in explaining how products fit together to solve business problems?
Are you passionate about identity security and its role in our world?
If your answer to these questions is “yes,” then Ping Identity is looking for you. We’ve entered an exciting new phase in our knowledge management journey and are focused on expanding our talented, dynamic content development team. We’re looking for writers who can be deeply technical while putting themselves into the mind of the customer.
We are currently seeking a senior technical writer in Vancouver, BC, for PingFederate, our flagship product. . The ideal candidate will bring passion, creativity, and drive to a thriving content development group that values teamwork, collaboration, technical prowess, and attention to detail.
- Keep abreast of industry writing trends and knowledge management needs.
- Create comprehensive technical documentation for a wide audience, including solution architects, security administrators, and developers.
- Stay current on identity security technology and Ping Identity product releases.
- Manage revisions to existing documentation, including release notes, installation guides, administration guides, developer guides, api reference guides, and use cases.
- Resolve reported documentation issues.
- Identify new documentation needs or opportunities.
- Collaborate with lead writers and other stakeholders to define project requirements.
- Work with other writers to build a center of excellence for knowledge management at Ping.
- Develop documentation plans and schedules.
- Achieve and maintain relevant product knowledge.
- Maintain consistency in tone and style.
- Mentor junior writers.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, or a related field, OR equivalent experience working in a technical writing position.
- 7 - 10 years of experience.
- Experience with structured authoring, DITA, and minimalist writing.
- Ability and initiative to learn new tools and technologies as required.
- Effective troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent written and verbal English-language communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, with an eye for improving existing work.
- Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences.
- Self-starter, independent, fast learner, can-do attitude, and great interpersonal skills.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Identity and Access Management (IAM) experience.
- Experience with enterprise documentation projects and audiences.
- Experience using Oxygen XML Editor.
- Experience restructuring existing documentation.
- Experience with content reuse.
- Experience with source control and/or content management systems.
- Software development or application support experience.